2019 Group outing, John Day float trip, kayaks and drift boats?

Aervax

If this group trip is going to happen this year someone else will probably have to take the helm. I am experiencing some health problems that are going to require surgery and longer term recovery. Such is life when you are in your fifties. I will still be fishing the John Day this summer, how soon after and how long I will feel up to being on the water on any given day are in question.

Optimal river flows will likely happen in June this year. As of today snowpack in the John Day River drainage is 217% of normal. Flow at McDonald's Ferry on the lower river is 6000 cfs. People do float and fish it successfully at these flows, buts it is for advanced and experienced boaters only.

OneFishTwoFish

If this group trip is going to happen this year someone else will probably have to take the helm. I am experiencing some health problems that are going to require surgery and longer term recovery. Such is life when you are in your fifties. I will still be fishing the John Day this summer, how soon after and how long I will feel up to being on the water on any given day are in question.

Optimal river flows will likely happen in June this year. As of today snowpack in the John Day River drainage is 217% of normal. Flow at McDonald's Ferry on the lower river is 6000 cfs. People do float and fish it successfully at these flows, buts it is for advanced and experienced boaters only.
Im going mid-June, probably Priest Hole to Clarno but logistics are in the planning stage with the crew. We will be in large catarafts, small cat rafts and kayaks. It would be great to coordinate something. This will be my first year on JD but I know some experienced guys for this river