2015 Blacktail rifle hunters

SiletzTroutKiller
SiletzTroutKiller
Hey guys long time no talk. Just wanted to see who's rifle (or Bow) hunting for blacktails this year. I will be and hopefully I'll tag out like last year. Good luck to everyone and hopefully keystone light "hunters" don't ruin your hunts.

Here's my buck from last year a 2x3

IMG_1387.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
T
TimberTodd
Haven't hunted since moving from the coast in 89. Good luck this season.

T
TTFishon
It will depend on if we get enough rain for me. Nice buck BTW.

J
JeannaJigs
yeah, since I'm depending on Ted to carry out my buck, I too am dependent on rain. Haha I keed, I keed. Kinda. All private timberland is closed until the end of fire season. So let's all get on that rain dance.

T
TTFishon
lol Hopefully I get the opportunity to "kinda" help you. lol

I
Iki Jime
Got my tag the other day... rifle season for blacktail, elk and bear. Last year, I went to Eastern Oregon (Desolation unit), but don't have the cash to go that far this year. I'm getting pretty confident with my deer finding skills, but have absolutely no clue as to how to find a herd of elk! I guess I'll approach this just like I do everything else... I try to research as much into as I can, then I "fling" myself into the deep end and try to tread water back, LOL.

C
Chuter
Howdy! New here and I just posted this over in the "suggestions" thread but I think it's an impressive enough buck to post here too. My hunting partner was waiting for this guy opening morning of the High Cascade Buck hunt. The encounter was quick and didn't end well for one of them.

I took this little guy on Monday afternoon on the way out

That wound looks like really bad shooting but I swear it's the exit wound. The bullet entered opposite side just inside the shoulder. I was almost as far above him as I was away from him :)

SiletzTroutKiller
SiletzTroutKiller
Nice Bucks brother! I've been hunting hard these last few days and seen a lot of does but no bucks. But I've still got till November 6th so I've got time

TheKnigit
TheKnigit
Here was my 3 point from late this rifle season. Finally ended my very long dry spell.
2015 3p blacktail (5).jpg