2011 opener does not disappoint !

F
Finneus Polebender
PC220266.jpgPC220270.jpgPC220268.jpgPC220271.jpgPC220267.jpgThanks to TR got this years bass season off early and big! Ryan hit the most, we had to work at it but they were there and a beautiful afternoon too ! Heres the pics....PC220260.jpgPC220261.jpgPC220263.jpgPC220264.jpgPC220262.jpg

T
Throbbit _Shane
WOW!!!!

Nice bass guys

F
Finneus Polebender
Throbbit _Shane said:
WOW!!!!

Nice bass guys

Thinkin you and Colby will want to try this place this spring! You both still have the invite !

brandon4455
brandon4455
wow! those are some ncie bass fp i figured someone would go bass fishing with this good weather we are having.

T
Throbbit _Shane
Finneus Polebender said:
Thinkin you and Colby will want to try this place this spring! You both still have the invite !

were gonna have to start making plans soon! i also want to fish that pond by moms house in eugene :D

looks like we both had good first trips of the year but mine was for steelhead :D

C
colbypearson
my first trip was at shasta in a tournament got 3rd place followed by a 2nd place not too bad for me either haha

F
Finneus Polebender
Sounds like the start of a very good year , and fish 4 trophy ditch pickles we will!!! Several awesome private and public places await your swim baits!!!! Oh and that time of year is soon upon us !!!!

F
fishingfreak
Nice Job guys! There are some nice Bass!

A
adambomb
what works well this time of year? plastic worms? spinners?

T
Throbbit _Shane
In a couple of the pictures you can see the bait hanging outside the bass's mouth. Looks like swimbaits to me :D

C
colbypearson
adambomb said:
what works well this time of year? plastic worms? spinners?

if you have a kick butt private pond i would tie that on :lol::lol:, if not then go super slow with jigs, and other slow moving baits soft baits will work occasionally also just go SLOOOOW

A
adambomb
colbypearson said:
if you have a kick butt private pond i would tie that on :lol::lol:, if not then go super slow with jigs, and other slow moving baits soft baits will work occasionally also just go SLOOOOW

Gotcha, thanks Colby. I get to fish a private lake sometimes, maybe I can talk my buddy into letting us fish when I convince him with this thread!! I knew that bass bit well into the fall, but I never knew they could be fished with such success in the dead of winter!

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Holy fat fish in da bucket,:shock: those are purdy!! Way to go guys! :clap: :D

S
SwimbaitBassin
.In a couple of the pictures you can see the bait hanging outside the bass's mouth. Looks like swimbaits to me

Looks like an Osprey or a 3:16 line through...nice fish..i live in Springtuck would love to check out your pond sometime..i have a 10.5 ft "basstender" that works great on small ponds..

M
Moe
Great FAT fish!!

T
tomriker
i told FP when we he got here yesterday "i sure hope we don't get skunked" 5 minutes on the boat and he'd already caught one lol good job yesterday. my excuse for not catching anything was that i was in the back of the boat, so i was getting the water that'd been fished twice already by the time i would cast :)

R
ryan808
I caught mine off Jigs and a senk, FP just killed them with hiw swimbait. Thanks again TR, next time you need to drive the boat backwards so you get the first dibs :D

F
Finneus Polebender
ryan808 said:
I caught mine off Jigs and a senk, FP just killed them with hiw swimbait. Thanks again TR, next time you need to drive the boat backwards so you get the first dibs :D

Or just let one of us drive LOL think it would look like this ...10-1[1].jpg with topwater baits everywhere . Think I can tell ya take Colbys advise vewy ,vewy ,vewy slow is what worked all day , on what Ryan said.

F
Finneus Polebender
SwimbaitBassin said:
.In a couple of the pictures you can see the bait hanging outside the bass's mouth. Looks like swimbaits to me

Looks like an Osprey or a 3:16 line through...nice fish..i live in Springtuck would love to check out your pond sometime..i have a 10.5 ft "basstender" that works great on small ponds..

That could be arranged some time providing you can play by a few rules . I am out of town for a couple more weeks workin hoping to be back here fishing often by feb 1 will drop you a PM when I get back and set up a fishin day.

T
TTFishon
Damn.....Nice fish guys!!!