Bass 2011 Show Off

Status
Not open for further replies.
B
Bobby Brown
Anyone interested in planning for 2011 bass fishing?
I will be posting the schedule for ABA tournaments once permits are final.

I am also starting a project to get soldiers out fishing so if you know a soldier who is about to be deployed, veteran, or anyone serving their country please help us thank them with a fishing trip.

Good luck in 2011!!!

C
colbypearson
I wasn't going to post anything but, here it is the first oregon bass of 2011, a 2.7lb smallmouth out of emigrant it was my second trip of 2011 in Oregon the water temp was 38 degrees :confused: caught on a brown tube in around 14' of water as you can see it is about as pale as a dang carp just goes to show the water clarity,... muddy.... hope this winter is a quick one this cold sucks, i will be out again this weekend maybe one trip for smallies and the other for monster largemouth again!! :D, i fished agate also water temp was a tad warmer but not too much couldnt get a bass only a perch and a small trout there both caught accidentally while bass fishing...... give the lakes another month or so it should start to get half way decent.

i attached a pic on the bottom of some spotted bass from shasta in my tournament i had middle of last month :) so far in 2011 i have 7 bass caught

emigrant smallie.jpgshasta spots.jpg

Last edited:
C
colbypearson
Lets kick it off for 2011

4.5edit.jpgsecretspot.jpg

smaller one is pushin 4.5-5lbs bigger one was 5.5ish lbs :D good way to start 2011

* anyways post your 2011 pickles from the ditch here *

Last edited:
C
Cory Miller
First fish of 2011 for me.A little over 6 lbs.Felt good to feel the thump she put on the jig!

6.jpg

F
Finneus Polebender
Yes the thump is a very good thing nice hawg dude! here we go thinkin this one was at least 4.5 if not close to 5lbsPC220268.jpgPC220269.jpg

Last edited:
K
Kevinb5688
2011 bass of mine

2011 bass of mine

heres what i got my first outing in a small slew by my house. kreature baits. one 5.5, second one almost 5

F
Finneus Polebender
P3070384.jpgP3070386.jpgTomriker gets on the board with these two one is 5 the other went 5lb 4 oz

C
colbypearson
i forgot i started this lol, nice fish TR

G
GerbilManBoa
Where is everybody catching these things????????? And are they just on jigs and swimbaits? Any word on how bass fishing is doing in the Portland Metro area?

T
tomriker
thanks CP, even with a stumpy finger i can still land a bass! just had to have some help taking the hooks out, that's why I invite people along with me, to do all the dirty work

F
Finneus Polebender
These "things " as you call them are literally in every pond / lake in the willamette valley. Although TRs place is well extrordinary , with practice and persistance 4-6lb Bass can be caught on many baits in almost every body of water with any size, Jigs and swimbaits are the prefered big bass baits though. Things have actually been slow spring is taking way tooo long to get here, but the fish seem to be as impatient as the fishermen now they have to eat to gain energy to spawn . My advise search the threads for PDX locations and somegear advise then quit typing turn off the computer and put in some hours on the water throwing baits till your arms hurt , the more time with a rod in your hand the better you will become at catching these "things" we tend to call them and I quote LM bass , donks , pigs, tanks ,ditch pickles, bucketmouths. Good luck and also remember we generally dont take a bunch of pics of the 20-30 smaller bass we catch between each biggun.

B
bassboy
photo (4).jpg

photo (3).jpg

big bass.jpg

bass.jpg

T
TTFishon
Nice fatty!!!

T
tomriker
went out today for about 8 hours, ended up with 37 (not counting the ridiculous amount of fish we missed) fish smallest was probably pound and ahalf/2pounds biggest was 6lb 9oz this guy, average was probibly 3-3.5 pounds did alright wish we caught some bigger fish it's discouraging seing the same size fish all day this big girl was one of the last fish we caught today
and after taking the hook out we notice a little somthing in its mouth, another fish!
IMG_7320.jpg

IMG_7158.jpg

Last edited:
T
TTFishon
Wow, nice one!!! Looks like you had a stellar day on the water!

T
Throbbit _Shane
hawg!

C
colbypearson
wt pig spots.jpgwt limit.jpg
not sure what the bar is set at for spotted bass these are some big spots though, those largemouth my buddy is holding are over 5lbs too :D

N
nwkiller
wow nice fish guys!!!! i think your making me begin my seasonal pursuit....... went by fernridge lake today, around 3:30 there were weigh-ins for a local bass club tourney. There were some nice fish caught...a 6.9# and three 5.5# were weighed in with a few other nice fish.....

C
colbypearson
hey TR what kind of fish was in its throat wierd kinda looks like a bullhead catfish tail, brown box square shaped with that light/dark blotching on the rear part before the tail

T
tomriker
yeah we figured it was a catfish, being that color, all but 5 or 6 of the fish we caught today were on 3/8oz jigs my buddy lost 5 of my jigs! i was a little grumpy at him and told him next time he comes out he'd better bring heavier line

Status
Not open for further replies.