2011 Detroit Lake Trout derby

N

nwkiller

that could be interesting...ill have to check my dates....

troutdude

troutdude

I've never been in a fishing tourney. But, I may go to Detroit. It depends on when I have my shoulder surgery.

N

nwkiller

OFF should take a trout squad up there...one of us could take it

N

nwkiller

i like it, count it as an off gathering...lol would be a lot of fun!

troutdude

troutdude

Yeah, we could all wear our new OFF hats, shirts, etc and promote our forum while we fish till our hearts are content!

troutdude

troutdude

Hey MOD's...

can this thread be transferred over to the OFF Gatherings heading? If so, please feel free. It would be great to get as many OFF'ers as we can at this event (wearing our OFF hats n' shirts n' stuff).

Thank you.

TD

brandon4455

brandon4455

i would kick so much ass in this..but unfortunately i will not make it this year.

troutdude

troutdude

There is a thread on here somewhere, about making OFF hats, shirts and window/bumper stickers. Jimmy (Ninja) drew some cool designs. But, I haven't heard if they are available yet for purchase. Anyone???

G

glennmcintire

Detroit Tourny

Detroit Tourny

What is OFF?

I'm new to fishing and I am bringing my daughter to the tourny for her first ever fishing trip. This tournament seems like its more for fun than serious compitition. I hope you guys don't hi-jack this event.

But I know I'll out fish all of yous-guys any way.

Hope to see ya there, I'll be the guy with the first place trophy.

GMc

troutdude

troutdude

Wow. I do believe that the gauntlet is down, and the challenge is on!

OFF, if you haven't guessed yet, is the acronym for our forum (Oregon Fishing Forum).

If it were me...I'd take your kid out fishing a few times BEFORE you go to the tourney. I think that you would both enjoy the tourney a LOT more, if you had some experience first.

It's all about FRIENDLY competition Glenn. There won't be any blood bath at the tourney. It's all about getting out, and enjoying the hobby that we're all addicted to. See you there.

G

glennmcintire

I would love to get out before then but life is as it is, I won't be able to. My brother and myself will be taking our daughters fishing. I don't have a lot of expectations in regards to the kids fishing much - but I can hope.

I looked at the stocking schedule; Wow! 10,000 fish a week into Detroit. Is there anything else to catch there. I know the lake is empty during the winter. Can any fish survive that?

I'm not addicted (yet), but the more I learn the more I see it happening.

See ya on the water

GMc

M

mthoodrider

I've always wanted to go there. I think this is great excuse. Sign the kid up and just have fun. i know it's a big lake. I just have a row boat, does anyone know if the wind picks up over there? I want to make it to the event, but don't want to kill myself fighting the wind all day.

brandon4455

brandon4455

BUMP! i might be there the final day of the tourney with ym grandpa if i can convince him. i hooked over 30 fish today so im confident i have a good chance at somthing LOL.

G

glennmcintire

I'v always used power bait for catching pellet heads. Is there a better way to catch em? I've heard that there are kokanee in Detroit, is that true? How do they deal with the fact that the lake is empty 1/2 of the year.
GMc