2010 Tag

C
Cohosanders
Picked up my 2010 lic. & tag at Bi-Mart yesterday. $59.50 and I also picked up a Park pass for $40 at forest center that is good until Dec. 2011 I figured invest early and then just fish as much as possible. That is less than 16.5 cents a day for the lic/tag and the Park pass will pay for itself in the first year. Now all I have to do is scout spots and save for gas:dance:

K
koboabe
sucks that its cheaper to buy a freshwater license/tag in washington as a non resident then it is to buy a resident tag in Oregon...

T
Throbbit _Shane
but there is no sales tax...

K
koboabe
Throbbit _Shane said:
but there is no sales tax...

but we pay a state income tax...

L
livin2fish
this is a freakin' joke, just another way for big brother to try and keep us from doing what we love to do.The costs keep going up but our wages sure the hell don't. Anymore dam nere only the ritch can afford to go fishing, but what do you do, just keep payin' the man.

A
Anyfishisfine
That's crazy. I'm going to need to fill mine up next year to make it worth it. This year mine will only have one slot filled.

BTW, sort of off-topic, but can you turn your old tag in where you buy them? Or do they have to be mailed in? I pay all my bills on-line and would have to buy a stamp and envelopes just for that otherwise :)

C
Cohosanders
As long as the extra money will go towards preserving the fishing culture and waterways so my 2 & 4 year old can fish.....I have no problem with paying extra. I'm not saying I'm rich, but putting money toward a good cause and what you love to do is not so bad if you look at the entire scope of things.

L
livin2fish
I have children as well 21&22 and they both love to fish but preserving the fishing culture is up to us as fisherman to pass on to our younger generation, not just to preserve the culture but to get our children involved in other things besides the bs in schools and society now adays, and I think you all can understand what I mean. I have no problem putting money into a good cause either but where and when does it cap out.I also think that the ODFW should alow other people to recieve permanent licences such as military veterans like myself, we payed by putting our lives on the line for our country, shouldn't that be payment enough, no this isn't a personal vendetta against the ODFW there are millions of people I believe should have these privalages. just my opinion.

T
Troutier Bassier
Wow, even my tag is expensive.
at least I can fish with two rods in a few months...

C
Cohosanders
livin2fish said:
I have children as well 21&22 and they both love to fish but preserving the fishing culture is up to us as fisherman to pass on to our younger generation, not just to preserve the culture but to get our children involved in other things besides the bs in schools and society now adays, and I think you all can understand what I mean. I have no problem putting money into a good cause either but where and when does it cap out.I also think that the ODFW should alow other people to recieve permanent licences such as military veterans like myself, we payed by putting our lives on the line for our country, shouldn't that be payment enough, no this isn't a personal vendetta against the ODFW there are millions of people I believe should have these privalages. just my opinion.

Amen to that brother. One concern I have is the amount of trash I see. Even when there are trash recepticles those too are overflowing. Out of the 4 years I have had a lisc./tag I only have been checked once. That leads me to one more concern about poachers or the fact that ODFW and there affiliates do not use our fees paid that constructively or consistently. That said I do appreciate all of the hatchery programs and to those dedicated to preserving our present/future fishing culture. I would also like to commend those out there who treat our precious resources with respect.:clap:

L
livin2fish
Hell yes there is a big problem with disrespectful pukes who leave there trash wherever they want.Myself and my bro's have made it a point to throw in a trash bag every time we go and I,ll be damned if we don't use it every time. For those of you that read this that do litter, think about where you want your kids and grand kids to fish and hunt and pick up your trash and others that is left behind.If we are not careful all the places we love so much will be gone, but I think together we can all make some kind of differance. fishon.

A
Anyfishisfine
I fish enough to make it worth it for me. The problem is with the casual fishermen. I used to be able to get my brother-in-law out on the water a few times during the summer, but it just isn't worth it to him to get a license for the 3-4 times he might go out with me.

D
diggindan
Anyfishisfine said:
I fish enough to make it worth it for me. The problem is with the casual fishermen. I used to be able to get my brother-in-law out on the water a few times during the summer, but it just isn't worth it to him to get a license for the 3-4 times he might go out with me.

You can get a 1 day license pretty cheap for those occasional fisher people.
It's a chunk of dough for my wife and I too but we sure get a lot of enjoyment from it. I'll pass on a couple restraunt meals to cover our license fees.:D
Cheers, Dan