2007 Ford Escape pedal sticks

T

TTFishon

My wife has a 2007 Ford Escape. Sometimes the gas pedal sticks when you give it gas. It doesn't stick in the throttle position. It sticks when trying to push down on the pedal. Does anyone else have this problem with there escape?

M

MontanaMoose

Pedal feels like it sticks...

Pedal feels like it sticks...

No, but i'd get it to the dealer asap and ask if there is a recall on it. I had a gm product that did that and it felt like it could cause an accident when starting off from a light with a car in front of mine. It felt like the throttle was stuck so to make the car go i had to press harder...then the car would really take off too fast and i'd have to go for the brakes. You don't want that friend.

MontanaMoose

My wife has a 2007 Ford Escape. Sometimes the gas pedal sticks when you give it gas. It doesn't stick in the throttle position. It sticks when trying to push down on the pedal. Does anyone else have this problem with there escape?

H

Hawk

Bro, isn't that one of the problems Toyota has been having ?? :think: hmmm

That's Dangerous. See who can Fix & parts needed imho.

:shock:

T

TTFishon

My wife took the car to the Ford dealership in Eugene. Ended up costing us $305.43. The mechanic said they've done many of these same repairs. I checked online and it looks like it's been a common problem since 2001. My wife's going to file a report to the attorney general. This might be our last Ford.

B

Bullitt

Let me guess...all they did was clean the throttle body? Has nothing to do with the pedal. Not a big deal.

Our 01 explorer had this issue but it only cost me $50 to have the local mechanic take care of it.

H

Hawk

My wife took the car to the Ford dealership in Eugene. Ended up costing us $305.43. The mechanic said they've done many of these same repairs. I checked online and it looks like it's been a common problem since 2001. My wife's going to file a report to the attorney general. This might be our last Ford.

Did they replace any parts?

If $305.43 is labor, they are only supposed to charge a certain amount Per hour.

How could they justify 3 or 4 hours of Labor?
:rolleyes:
:think: hmmmmm

Have a Great Day...

:)

M

Mike123

Let me guess...all they did was clean the throttle body? Has nothing to do with the pedal. Not a big deal.

Our 01 explorer had this issue but it only cost me $50 to have the local mechanic take care of it.

Yea I would have fixed it myself before taking to a mechanic. And Im going to school to be one. That should have been an $80 job for one hour.

Did they replace the whole throttle body? Or just the little cable guide?
Man it gripes me how so many mechanic shops rip people off, and it scares me that I'm going to be one in a year or less. :confused:

T

TTFishon

They replaced the throttle body which was 140.43 and then labor 164.90. I don't know why my wife likes these guys. I think they are scandalous.

M

Mike123

Holy crap! It should only take a half hour to throw a new throttle body on. An hour max.. What a joke. :rolleyes:

B

bigsteel

yea thats a lot of money for labor TT,,,my buddy works at toyota and most them guys get paid per job so theyre motivated to get it done quick and move to the next job....i talked to him about your question yesterday and he said it should take a max of 40 minutes to replace that.......did they upsell your wife on anything else?

T

TTFishon

yea thats a lot of money for labor TT,,,my buddy works at toyota and most them guys get paid per job so theyre motivated to get it done quick and move to the next job....i talked to him about your question yesterday and he said it should take a max of 40 minutes to replace that.......did they upsell your wife on anything else?

No that was the only ripoff of the day. Just two weeks ago though she took her car there for it's 5000 mile oil change and they tried telling her that the transmission was making a ticking noise and needed to be looked at. They wanted to charge her $150 bucks to look at it. I told her that's a bunch of bull and that the noise is from a upc sticker on the inside of the front left tire hitting something as the tire rolls around. She talked to the manager and convinced him to check it free of charge and of course they failed to find anything wrong with the tranny. It's been this same kind of crap since we've been dealing with them. This is it! I'm calling them tomorrow morning to give them a piece of my mind and let them know we will no longer need their service.:mad:

D

dude young

Before we all get bent out of shape, and this is important for all the soon-2-be mechanics and shade-tree-ers out there...

... the labor cost for the job was probably calculated based on the Mitchell labor guide for flat rate estimating. This is an industry standard reference manual. It is published to protect both the consumer and the industry. No body complains when the labor guide quotes 2.0 hours to change a water pump and come to find out that the car is so rusted that it takes the tech 5 hours to drill and tap bolts. You pay for 2 hours, tech gets paid for 2 hours.

Dealers are competing against the discount stores for business now, and have changed the way they do business. They are not out to rip anyone off. If you believe the price was too high, call and talk to the service manager. If you don't like his/her answer, call the owner of the dealership.

Full disclosure: I am not currently an auto technician. I was, however, an ASE Certified tech for over 10 years and worked as a flat rate tech for most of that time. I also worked in shops that were not flat rate. More often than not, in the latter, there was no motivation to get jobs done and to look deeper at issues to find more work. So, yeah, you may spend less at that shop, but you really are not getting the attention your vehicle deserves.

Just my 1 second's worth (at a flat rate of $75 per hour).;)

M

Mike123

That is true Dude... That flat rate can either screw ya, or make you lots of money depending on how easy things go. From just the customer point of view, usually you get screwed. Doesn't mean they have to charge you 3 hours if it really only took 35min.

T

TTFishon

Before we all get bent out of shape, and this is important for all the soon-2-be mechanics and shade-tree-ers out there...

... the labor cost for the job was probably calculated based on the Mitchell labor guide for flat rate estimating. This is an industry standard reference manual. It is published to protect both the consumer and the industry. No body complains when the labor guide quotes 2.0 hours to change a water pump and come to find out that the car is so rusted that it takes the tech 5 hours to drill and tap bolts. You pay for 2 hours, tech gets paid for 2 hours.

Dealers are competing against the discount stores for business now, and have changed the way they do business. They are not out to rip anyone off. If you believe the price was too high, call and talk to the service manager. If you don't like his/her answer, call the owner of the dealership.

Full disclosure: I am not currently an auto technician. I was, however, an ASE Certified tech for over 10 years and worked as a flat rate tech for most of that time. I also worked in shops that were not flat rate. More often than not, in the latter, there was no motivation to get jobs done and to look deeper at issues to find more work. So, yeah, you may spend less at that shop, but you really are not getting the attention your vehicle deserves.

Just my 1 second's worth (at a flat rate of $75 per hour).;)

Thank you for pointing that out. I didn't know that. I will say they have done some good work in the past that was cheaper than quotes from other shops. It's hard to tell if they are trying to rip us off or just trying to make a buck.

Top Bottom