2000 50hp Johnson outboard for sale!!! $400.00

T

TJR_84

I have a 2000 Johnson 50hp outboard for sale for parts or for rebuilder! One cylinder has 150PSI the other has 60PSI. The motor looks brand new it only has 50hrs on it. I got another motor so i am selling this one.

A

Amberjack

I have a 2000 Johnson 50hp outboard for sale for parts or for rebuilder! One cylinder has 150PSI the other has 60PSI. The motor looks brand new it only has 50hrs on it. I got another motor so i am selling this one.

Wow only 50 hours and the motor went hensh*t.. Why? Not trying to kill a sale, just curious.

T

TJR_84

Wow only 50 hours and the motor went hensh*t.. Why? Not trying to kill a sale, just curious.

Not sure it happend the first day i took it out, it started to run rough and then quit, i took it to a shop and they checked it out and said low PSI on lower cylinder.

H

hardrkman

Banned User
TJR,
Interested in your motor. Can you call me at 409-656-0528. I would like to discfuss the motor with you. Can you post any pictures. I have the same motor and looking for a lower unit, I am on an ems unit until Saturday morning so the time wont matter. Thanks Nick

H

hardrkman

Banned User
Still interested in motor. Have the money in hand, shop waiting for the motor to get parts off of, the weather is warm and i am ready to fish. Are you still selling the motor.

S

stream2.5

motor is 11 yrs old.... regrdless of hrs used... no warrnty coverage. probably carBON stuck a ring set due to lack of use, esy fix....

G

GungasUncle

My point was that a motor with 50 hours on it probably crapped out while it should have been covered by warranty, and just wondering why it wasn't fixed then. If it was just a carbon stuck ring - you could hose the thing out with brake cleaner after removing the cylinder head, and clean the bore out well. That worked for a horse Johnson I've got when it overheated (stuck thermostat) and built up carbon in the cylinders.

S

stream2.5

again... motor is 11 yrs old.... warranty ended 9 years ago regardless of the run time used during that time frame even the nicest mfg isn't going to honor a warranty that long out of date

G

GungasUncle

Okay, I don't know how much simpler I can make this statement:

A motor with only 50 hours on it is barely used - and likely, it broke down during the warranty period. It's very suspicious to me that this engine was *not* repaired when it was still covered under warranty. The OP made no mention that this engine had been sitting in a crate, or hung on the back of a boat that just sat, unused, for 9 years. It happens, but it doesn't happen that much. I seriously don't understand what is so hard to grasp on that concept, which I've tired clarifying. I'm not illiterate, and I understand this engine is 11 years old. It only takes a handful of trips in a year's time on any water body of any size, to put 50 hours on a main engine. I have a hard time believing someone would let a newer motor just sit there, broken, if it broke under the warranty period - unless the engine was subject to severe abuse, or there's more to the story that the OP isn't telling us. 50 hours on an 11 year old motor sounds terribly fishy. 50 hours is barely broken in. This leads me to believe there is a lot more to the history of this engine than is being let on - and quite possibly there's a lot more wrong than just some gunked up pistons. It could be worth sinking $400 into - but then again, you could easily wind up spending as much as a newer *running* engine getting this one fixed up. If I were going to entertain buying this engine, I'd have to drag along an outboard mechanic to give it a twice over before thinking about pulling out my wallet. The OP only has 14 posts here, in over a year's time. It raises a bit of a red flag.

T

TJR_84

I can give you the number of two boat shops that inspected the motor, and the number of the pervious owners wife, her husband was sick with cancer and the baot sat in his shop unused till he PASSED away and she ened up selling it to Siglers marine out of portland and thats were i bought the boat last summer and got screwed, so if you want to run your mouth saying im making **** up then give me a call i explain exverything about the motor and you can also call Sportsmans marine in salem they inspected the motor after it took a dump. My number is 503-400-8894 if you have any questions. I am also new to the forum so thats why i only have 14 post 15 including this!!!!

G

GungasUncle

I never said you're making **** up - I said it sounded damn fishy, a motor with 50 hours on it seized up like that, going un-repaired. Had you taken the time to explain things - it would've made more sense, and you might actually have had more interest in it. But just throwing out that the motor crapped out with only 50 hours on it, and you're trying to unload it for cheap looks really fishy.

And if I had been in your shoes, and the motor took a crap so soon after buying it - I would've been calling Sigler's back and seeking remedy, since you say you got screwed by them. My interest in this motor has passed - my boat does need a new engine, but I don't feel like taking on another non-running motor and paying to make it run again. Thanks though.

S

stream2.5

first of all siglers wont do shizzel about selling used crap, heck most of their new stuff is crap by my stndards and they work on a buyer beware set of rules... if that motor is still availble id like to make a serious offer on it, and i dont care the reason why it is broke.... something tells me i can fix it

Top Bottom