2 rods? (carp!)

Y
youkay
I read somewhere, i think on these forums that you can now legally fish with 2 rods with some kind of add-on license?

I just read the updated 2009 odfw regs and couldn't find anything on it.

I'm about to spend a bunch of money on a 2 rod carp setup and obviously won't bother if this is still illegal, though... I'm fishing purely for catch and release carp, cmmon guys! lol

T
The Nothing
Big no-no.

Washington St. did just allow a second rod option on select lakes.

Y
youkay
argh thats so frustrating, just doesn't make any sense to me at all :(

seen some amazing carp forums all over the US who fish multiple rods in ponds/lakes, why on earth is it not allowed, what possible reason is there?!

C
chris61182
It will be available in Oregon next year.

A
Anyfishisfine
Next year and lakes only for an extra fee.

All of the most exciting applications for me would be in a river, but it ain't happening. If you can find carp in a lake you will have it made though.

1bigfish
Just like the last two people said, next year. I would recomend you check the regs before you even buy the second rod stamp/tag or what ever they are going to call it, because like stated above you will not be able to use it in all areas. Basicly if there are salmon/steelhead in the body of water you will not be able to use a second rod even if you are fishing for carp.

Y
youkay
Thats awesome news. will certainly save me a bunch of money buying the 2 rod setup combo and in the interim i'll bring my son with me and buy him a licence for the extra rod ;)

no salmon or anything like that in the still water lakes and ponds I fish just lots and lots of carp, catfish, suckers :D

C
chris61182
youkay said:
Thats awesome news. will certainly save me a bunch of money buying the 2 rod setup combo and in the interim i'll bring my son with me and buy him a licence for the extra rod ;)

no salmon or anything like that in the still water lakes and ponds I fish just lots and lots of carp, catfish, suckers :D

Depending on your sons age, he may not need a license. But if you have two poles in the water he will need to stay near by otherwise the game warden won't be very happen.

J
joesnuffy
It will be nice on this side of the state because Oxbow Res. and Brownlee Res. are part of the Snake river and have lots of catfish and carp :p

F
FishSchooler
I am wanting to make a rod with an extra wide reel handle with 2 seats on it, then have the rod fork into two. That will come with a belt/support that connects to the rods with a hinge so you just strap on and cast, then you can drift fish/whatever fish without stress, and you can fight two fish at once. :cool:

P
pdx89
Unless your plunking its not possible to use two rods for salmon fishing.. and yes i agree, in a liberal state we should have more liberal laws, not all laws:D just some, like the few rods deal... sometimes it will sure be nice to have to rods for some cats, or carp.. just a thought:)

M
Mike123
I bet you this law will make it VERY hard to fish in some of the popular plunking areas. Now for every person there will be 2 rods.(Well if everyone did the 2 pole gig.) I don't mind. I will probably take advantage of this cause it will be nice to have a plug behind the drift boat while float fishing/casting spinners or drifting bait.
Or you could set up a plunking rod with a bell and fish above with casting gear. I just fear that many others will be doing this. Creating a big hassle and problem. I doubt it though.
Hopefully the revenue goes to something good. :rolleyes:

O
osmosis
mike the two pole option next year will not count towards salmon or steel, or rivers or streams. that takes drift fishing and float fishing (aside from plunking powerbait or worms under a bobber in the lake for trout) and backtrolling plugs out of the picture.
The popular plunking spots (as I believe you're thinking of) will be the exact same, since this will not be allowed in rivers.

M
Mike123
osmosis said:
mike the two pole option next year will not count towards salmon or steel, or rivers or streams. that takes drift fishing and float fishing (aside from plunking powerbait or worms under a bobber in the lake for trout) and backtrolling plugs out of the picture.
The popular plunking spots (as I believe you're thinking of) will be the exact same, since this will not be allowed in rivers.

Ohhhhh sweet! OK. This is the first I've read of this in quite awhile. Last time I heard of it was a few months back on Ifish.
Where is the info located on this on the ODFW website?

P
pdx89
hey you never know... years back even this was a dream in Oregon, but now maybe a reality soon:) ... years from today maybe you will be able to use 2 roads for Plunking Salmon

O
osmosis
If it becomes allowed for salmon fishing us in boats will be destroying fish, thats for sure.

Theres a link floating around that I read through a little while ago, maybe google it.

M
Mike123
In like the great lakes area you can fish multiple rods for Salmon/steelhead.

O
osmosis
yep, I know. its been like that for years.

P
pdx89
ban commercial fishing, limit tribal.. and let 2 road for salmon.. im pretty sure you will see numbers go up for the returning salmon in a few years

O
osmosis
so that is take away from everyone else but give us a second rod?
Yeah right!

Last edited: