2 poles

T
Thuggin4Life
Apparently we will be able to troll two rods per person next year. "Expect to pay more for fishing licenses and tags next year. A new two-rod angling license will be an option for lakes and reservoirs at a cost of $15. Boats 10 feet or longer must buy a permit for $5."

B
beaverfan
Yup there is fee increases across the board for fishing and hunting. The price of everything is going up. As for the 15 dollar 2nd pole option I'm all for it!

T
Thuggin4Life
Hopefully the extra moneys goes towards a worthy cause as for two poles that's my favorite part. Not sure if it is for bank anglers but for sure going to get one for my boat.

Last edited:
T
Troutier Bassier
Dose this 2 rod think aopply for kids?

J
JGM
I also read about the new two pole regulation, which will cost an additional $15.00 if interested on top of the $7.75 increase for a resident angler license.

I also sounds like boat owners will be required to pay a five dollar fee to fund the creation of inspection stations for invasive species. No conformation on that though.

Q
qwapaw
Anyone know what the thought is, as to why we can't use 2 rods in the rivers. The bad limit stays the same, it would be a great way to see what is working. I hope they look into that too. Qwa

D
Drew9870
qwapaw said:
Anyone know what the thought is, as to why we can't use 2 rods in the rivers. The bad limit stays the same, it would be a great way to see what is working. I hope they look into that too. Qwa

Probably because people would be using two poles for Salmon/Steelhead and Sturgeon.

T
Thuggin4Life
Drew9870 said:
Probably because people would be using two poles for Salmon/Steelhead and Sturgeon.

That's exactly why you can't but i know guys who fish outlaw poles...

T
tonythefish
I bring my son with me to get away with two poles in the water, but that trick will only work for 10 more years....does anybody know where the trout are hiding.....portland or.

Last edited:
F
Fisher.King
JGM said:
I also read about the new two pole regulation, which will cost an additional $15.00 if interested on top of the $7.75 increase for a resident angler license.

I also sounds like boat owners will be required to pay a five dollar fee to fund the creation of inspection stations for invasive species. No conformation on that though.

Do you mean next year, liscenses will cost almost 30 dollars? Just for an angling permit, not the tags for salmon/sturgeon etc? And almost 50$ for being able to fish with 2 rods per angler?

B
beaverfan
Fisher.King said:
Do you mean next year, liscenses will cost almost 30 dollars? Just for an angling permit, not the tags for salmon/sturgeon etc? And almost 50$ for being able to fish with 2 rods per angler?

Yup.

C
Combat Chuck
Fisher.King said:
Its $32 for a regular license, $25 for tags and $15 for the extra rod. 72 bucks to drop on January 1st.... hope for some christmas money from Santa!

J
JGM
Fisher.King said:

I just searched for 2010 Oregon Sport Fishing Regulations and found numerous articles and summaries of the Oregon House Bills that will affect next years regulations.