salmon 2014

jamisonace
jamisonace
My pretty hen asked me to take her fishing this weekend so of course I obliged. We hit the water at 5:30 and were fishing at legal light (which was no light at all). We landed our first fish pretty quick. It worked my wife over pretty good. Lots of hot runs and surface action. Funny thing is I could barely see to net it. It was a nice egg wagon with a little silver sheen so we bonked it and moved on. We fished the rest of the morning with very little action. All the good holes were taken but I need eggs for the rest of the year so I was determined to find more fish. Just before the ramp I stopped in our last possible spot and had my wife throw a bobber and eggs into a likely slot. I pulled out a steelhead rod and started chucking plugs. Just as I was done retrieving and about to pull the plug out I got nailed and handed my wife the rod to get her tagged out with the two pretty ladies below. This fish was also hot and we had to work it carefully on ten pound line. Lots of good meat and two big trays of eggs.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg