2-3 lb smallies in gorge?

B
buddah426
so i was talking shop with a guy at work today and he was telling me about 2 and 3 lb small mouth up the gorge to cascade locks this last weekend. i know he doesn't have a boat so he was bank fishing but not sure exactly where (playing cards close to his chest). now i know of a couple fine spots from bank around rooster rock but isn't the water too cold with all the run off lately for bass? comments anyone??????? :confused:

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
I would suggest getting him intoxicated.

W
willfishforfood
Columbia smallies

Columbia smallies

I have a good friend who lives out in Hood River. He and his dad went fishing from the bank a couple weeks ag and caught smallies all day. I don't know about water temp closer to Portland.

O
osmosis
up by bonneville we catch osme big bass now and again fishing for salmon and steelhead.
4 1/4lb is my biggest so far, and it was caught on a brads wiggler about a mile above the fishery launch on the oregon side.

C
cavdad45
He may have caught them in the "quarry" on the east side of Cascade Locks. It gets pretty crowded, but if you don't mind the hiking, there are some decent spots there.

T
Troutier Bassier
cavdad45 said:
He may have caught them in the "quarry" on the east side of Cascade Locks. It gets pretty crowded, but if you don't mind the hiking, there are some decent spots there.
so where is this "quarry"?