2/19

R

radiation

Decided to try my luck again. Got there early in the AM. Caught one that broke my line.(bad knot) After awhile I left to try some other spots and came back after a couple of hours. Caught this 6 pound hen that had marks on both sides of her. Talked to some friends and they told me that they were seal marks. About 1/2 hour later I hooked into one that must have been around 8 pounds that did not want to be caught. It made a couple of long runs. I'd gain some then it would gain some. After about 20 minutes, I got it next to the bank. It was a big brite hen without a fin. About to pull it onto the bank when she threw my hook and away she went. I'm just glad there were no small children around. I would have embarrassed myself. I need to get myself a net.
12-19Hen.jpg

Last edited:
J

JeannaJigs

Nice! I've given up on the slaw for the season but might take the boat over to lake creek Sunday. seems to be fishing way better this year.

R

radiation

I wouldn't if I were you. There aren't any fish in Lake Creek.

J

JeannaJigs

I know right, I've been fishing that barren water for 15 years

jhop111

jhop111

Sounds like a blast, I only wish I knew what lake creek was like fishing from a boat......cough cough

J

JeannaJigs

Sounds like a blast, I only wish I knew what lake creek was like fishing from a boat......cough cough

Haha. it's not that great :) It's a short float. Although let me tell you, there's some crazy water on that system that is not visible from the bank. I was thinkin' about taking the boat, but gonna bank it I think. Too much hassle I don't want to deal with lol.

jhop111

jhop111

I was out yesterday on the slaw,today was spent doing damage control with the misses for not being around much. Tomorrow I am hitting the water despite my adversity to weekend crowds. Thinking about first light at green crk then moving on once the crowds gather.

Top Bottom