2-17-11 Nice walk, no fish from the Creek - again

G
Growbug
I took D at GroundNPound for a days walk whilst he showed me new techniques and helped me with my water reading skills (which really suck).
Snagged a few RockFish, but they didn't fight real well. Even managed to loose the nice AgentOrange bug i got in the last swap ( i need to tie some of those ).
Saw a few fish, including one largish one. They all refused to play.

No bad points to D from me, he did his job, did it well, and i came out with more info then i went in with. He is a great guy and if the guide job doesn't work out, him and his dad could do a nice stand up comedy routine!!

I have been hitting the creek as much as i could these last few months and have only had one serious "FISH ON" moment (when i hooked into a bobber, which was connected to a jig that was already hooked into the fish). I am not going to get downhearted, I will get a fish one day. Until then those little 'thump thump' moments will keep my adrenaline going!!

Altogether, this is just another "went to the creek and didn't get anything" report!
Hmm wonder what will be in there in 2 months.

T
Throbbit _Shane
Maybe it's time to switch to a different river. Or a new technique.

G
Growbug
Time to change river for sure. I have just about thrown everything in my tackle box at them using everything except my kids Dora rod.

M
Modest_Man
If you're free Tues, Wed, Thurs, or Friday we could try a new river this coming week...I got myself a bobber setup and had a fish on the Wilson last week that broke me off.

N
nwkiller
sorry to hear that man, im kinda feeling tghe same way so im gonna go hunt some sturgeon tamarrow.....keep tryin, ull find it

M
meluvtrout
Do not give up on the creek! Now that you know where to look, just keep going and going and going.... You'll get it. Trust me.

H
halibuthitman
since friday I have been on the Trask, wilson, kilchis, salmonberry, necanicum, and big creek.... go to the north fork of the Trask-

T
Throbbit _Shane
or the mid to upper rogue :D

G
Growbug
meluvtrout said:
Do not give up on the creek! Now that you know where to look, just keep going and going and going.... You'll get it. Trust me.

Oh no I am not going to give up on it... just time to try somewhere else for a change.

Thanks for all the advice on where to try, but I think I know my next trip. Going to drive 1/2 mile to the Mo and try her for a while.

T
Throbbit _Shane
Good idea. id stick to the closest river to your home that holds steelhead. that way u can make more trips there and learn the water better.

R
rippin fish lips
Throbbit _Shane said:
Good idea. id stick to the closest river to your home that holds steelhead. that way u can make more trips there and learn the water better.

x2!

S
skunk
rippin fish lips said:

That's good advise, I've been trying it, and know the river better but the fish won't become acquainted. Tell you what, when one of them does, if its hatchery, i'm gonna introduce the rock to it. HaHa.

G
Growbug
One of the reasons that i have been hitting the creek more this year is so that i could study the smaller water. I love the Molalla, but have been getting into a rutt fishing the same holes, etc, cos i know them.
After fishing and studying the creek for a while, i now realise that i have been walking past a lot of water on the Mo that i should have been paying closer attention to!

F
FishFiddle
A 'nice walk' and now you can add a bumpy boat ride to your most recent experiences. Beautiful river and a great day! Thanks!