1st Winter Steel This Year

S
Steelyfishn
My buddy and I each went 1 for 1 today on the Alsea. Beautiful day for fishing in Beaver Country especially when my DUCKS crushed the Beavers hopes yet again...

GO DUCKS!!!

• imagejpeg_2.jpg
  • IMG00229.jpg
brandon4455
brandon4455
nice fish! way to whack some chrome.now im itching to fish eve more..

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Definitely a good day to get some on the Alsea, from what I heard. Were you up by the hatchery? Very nice fish x2.

M
michigan_transplant
that down by the xmas tree farm???? i was down there this weekend. caught a couple nice cutts and an old beat up silver. what you catch em on??

C
Chedster
I don't think you crushed our hopes that much, my hope for a good season was out the window months ago. Good to see the fish are in:dance:

T
Thuggin4Life
Nice catch!

J
JeannaJigs
Nice! I caught...a massive stick. Some might've called it a baby tree....my rod was doubled over...hell of a fight, it was foul hooked though, came in sideways....had to c&r...

Next time.

D
Drew9870
JeannaJigs said:
Nice! I caught...a massive stick. Some might've called it a baby tree....my rod was doubled over...hell of a fight, it was foul hooked though, came in sideways....had to c&r...

Next time.

No pics?

J
JeannaJigs
Left the camera at home, and I got a new fishing backpack (that is AMAZING with an insulated compartment for a six pack) so couldn't find my phone in the moment of pure chaos, and since it was foul hooked, it went on it's way downriver pretty quickly once I located the pliers to pop the hook. The memory will forever be etched into my mind though, that's what's important right?

B
benkearney
Nice work.

S
Steelyfishn
Raincatcher said:
Hmmm, might need to shift this one to the "Sell" forum now. :think: ;)

he is right that was my weapon of choice yesterday. tried several other colors and spinners as well. my buddy hooked his on a spinner though.

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Steelyfishn said:
he is right that was my weapon of choice yesterday. tried several other colors and spinners as well. my buddy hooked his on a spinner though.
Yeah, he does know his jigs, for sure. I hope y'all know I was just kidding.

S
steelhead_stalkers
;)

B
BlackBass
Bridge hole looks to be heating up.Good work on the micro jigs. Got a few like that one from his drawing :) good work

S
Steelyfishn
Thanks Everyone

Thanks Everyone

BlackBass said:
Bridge hole looks to be heating up.Good work on the micro jigs. Got a few like that one from his drawing :) good work

Thank you everyone for all the nice comments. I can't wait to get back on the Alsea. I think this is going to be a great year on a lot of rivers for Winter Steel. I am itchin to get on the Siletz real soon as well.

Thanks again everbody and good luck out ther....

S
STIKTIME
Can anyone remember what days the christmas tree farm is open? I know its closed 2 days a week, i think?!?!