1st walleye for me

jamisonace
jamisonace
A friend called yesterday and wanted to troll for walleye from about 6 til dark. I'd never fished for walleye so I was excited to give it a try. Beautiful evening on the lake, a few cooperative fish and dinner will be served in a few hours.

It's not very often I get to catch a "new to me" species.

We ended up with 7. My friend only wanted 2 so I gave him the two biggest. Size range was from 14" to 20".

20210630_090437.jpg

Reactions: Snopro, Raincatcher, Chromatose and 4 others
plumbertom
plumbertom
LPR?

Reactions: Troutski and jamisonace
DOKF
DOKF
Nice catch! Walleye are fun to fish for.

Chromatose
Chromatose
Some Good Eats there!

O
Orgwayne
jamisonace said:
A friend called yesterday and wanted to troll for walleye from about 6 til dark. I'd never fished for walleye so I was excited to give it a try. Beautiful evening on the lake, a few cooperative fish and dinner will be served in a few hours.

It's not very often I get to catch a "new to me" species.

We ended up with 7. My friend only wanted 2 so I gave him the two biggest. Size range was from 14" to 20".
Me and my buddy fishing below DuBay dam , central Wis , each had 24 minnows, and we each catch 24 walleyes !! 12-22 inches . bobber and a minnow, throw out, get a fish
over and over , we each kept 2 bigger ones , and gave to a old couple who where using cane poles !! late Sept 1969 !! , after all these years of fishing I have done, that is still the best late afternoon fishing I have ever done
Wayne

Reactions: jamisonace
plumbertom
plumbertom
I've yet to kook up a walleye.
I've been to LPR a few times intending to give it a try but the wind there is something else.
and the one time I got on the water with my little boat, I suffered a breakdown while crossing the lake to get to where it had been recommended I try.
I have a few walleye spinner rigs or worm rigs or whatever they are called. And I have a number of bottom bouncer weights.
But even if I get on the water, It'll just be best guess and by golly as to how to actually use any of what I have.

Reactions: jamisonace
troutdude
troutdude
What the heck is LPR?

Reactions: DOKF
S
Snopro
It's an acronym, like LBC. The R for reservoir.

troutdude
troutdude
Snopro said:
It's an acronym, like LBC. The R for reservoir.
Well okay...but what does the whole thing mean? Which reservoir?

• Haha
Reactions: plumbertom and DOKF
S
Snopro
It's possible people are intentionally not saying so it doesn't come up in direct searches.

Using my admittedly weak google fu I quickly figured it out. There is only one body of water in Oregon I know of, first word starts with L, second word starts with P, last word is Reservoir.

jamisonace
jamisonace
Large Protestant Rutabaga

• Haha
Reactions: NKlamerus, troutdude and Snopro
DOKF
DOKF
Sounds like the walleye have successfully out competed the pikeminnows there.

troutdude
troutdude
jamisonace said:
Large Protestant Rutabaga
You're killin' me smalls! LOL