1st time fishing for steel on the Big C

R
rainman
OK, gonna take my 15ft Smokercraft and launch from Chinook Landing this coming Thursday. This will be a first for me in this boat, fishing the Big C. Any advice on technique would be mucho appreciated.
I'm thinking plunking it with spin-n-glo or else trolling spinners or kwik fish.

T
Troutier Bassier
You gonna join the line at Sandy or at Goverenmant Island.

Or is there A Secret one Nobody Knows about?

O
osmosis
There are many secrets...

what you have planned is a good place to start. maybe bring some wiggle warts or clatter tads to troll around the mouth of the sandy too.

R
rainman
I do have a few wiggle warts. Gonna head for the crowd and the line forms at the rear... lol

R
rainman
Troutier Bassier said:
You gonna join the line at Sandy or at Goverenmant Island.

Or is there A Secret one Nobody Knows about?

I anchored next to a very friendly and helpful guy near the mouth of the Sandy. In 40ft of water we fished kwiks, spinners, thumpers etc. He C&R a nate, we got squat. Current was pretty funky, slow and finicky. Fished from 7am til about 1pm. At one point I counted 8 Osprey's working that stretch of water, they got squat too !
Saw a few nets fly downstream of us, looked like a guide. They were in 60ft or so of water. 8-10 boats in that hog line, and for the most part they stayed as long as we did, nobody picked up and moved too much.