1st Summer

F
fishingfreak
Fishing Freak is back on the water after a few months. I finally went back to work 8 weeks ago after being laid off for 18 mos. Now I am running my Remodeling/Property Mangement Company and a full time Production Supervisor job. I have made it out a few times since I have been working and caught 3 columbia Springers with Youngbuck307 and Metalfisher76 (good times). I went back out a 6 weeks later for some Clack springers and this little guy slammed my home cured eggs and sandshrimp. This guy went nuts flipping accross the water. I fought him in the rapids to land him and he had a rusty jig in one side and a spin n glo in the other side of his mouth. I could not belive he gut bombed the shrimp cocktail while carrying that much hardware. Its good to be back on the water again.

FF
MiscPics5-21-2011038.jpgMiscPics5-21-2011041.jpg

Reactions: lilsalmon
L
lilsalmon
nice fishy...guess your third time was the charm for that guy :D

F
fishingfreak
lilsalmon said:
nice fishy...guess your third time was the charm for that guy :D

Thank You, lilsalmon. Yep 3rd time wasn't his charm.:lol: The strange part was the spin n glo had 25 to 30lb test he broke and a swivel on it. Fisty lil guy he was and mighty tastey. It was on 5-21-11 when I caught him. I just have been to busy working grave yard and then working til 2 or 3pm to post it. But its great to be back on the water on OFF and making $$$$.

L
lilsalmon
yay!!!! Good for you!

R
rippin fish lips
nice fish bro! still workin on my 1rst summer this season

R
RunWithSasquatch
Thanks for posting your fish even though it happened a while ago... fun to see. Had something mean goin on in its head, terrorized two other fisherman, nice fish!

S
skunk
Nice fish, how did you and youngbuck do today. Ran into you there at the first hole. I managed an LDR on a nice king but that was it.

F
fishingfreak
skunk said:
Nice fish, how did you and youngbuck do today. Ran into you there at the first hole. I managed an LDR on a nice king but that was it.
You lost me what is and LDR? PM Me I want to know all about it!

FF

J
Johnny Southpaw
Nice fish FF! Strike three for Mr. Spunky Steelie! Not always the size of the fish in the fight that matters but the size of the fight in the fish-congrats!

F
fishingfreak
Johnny Southpaw said:
Nice fish FF! Strike three for Mr. Spunky Steelie! Not always the size of the fish in the fight that matters but the size of the fight in the fish-congrats!
Thanks Johnny! I would have to agree I thought I had another 15lber on, he fought well for about 5 minutes. That little guy knew exactly how to use the water against me. He peeled line for the 1st 3 minutes in the rapids until I turned him. It was like chess for a few minutes, fortunately for me I got the checkmate.

FF

S
Spydeyrch
fishingfreak said:
Thanks Johnny! I would have to agree I thought I had another 15lber on, he fought well for about 5 minutes. That little guy knew exactly how to use the water against me. He peeled line for the 1st 3 minutes in the rapids until I turned him. It was like chess for a few minutes, fortunately for me I got the checkmate.

FF

Nice fish there fishingfreak! great story, good pics too. I love that line there: It was like chess for a few mintues, fortunately for me I got the checkmate.

-Spydey

S
SemperFly
Nice fish, congrats!

A
autofisher
Nice lookin fish brotah man. Looks like you haven't missed your stride at all since work got in your way of fishing.