1st Steelhead on a fly....

E
eggs
Tied this thing up at 12am...

2 hook fly...
2011-05-06_23-45-33_832.jpg

Caught this buck at 10am on the fresh tied fly...
2011-05-07_10-02-04_823.jpg

Finally after going 0-10 I am now 1-11 with steelhead on the fly...

J
JeannaJigs
Hell yeah!!

M
markasd
:clap:

Way-ta go! Guessin' with that fly you were swingin'?

E
eggs
Yep tossed on a sink tip and went swinging away.... took the fly at the verrrrrrry end of the swing..

J
JeannaJigs
They do that with my jigs all the time. Always when it's swinging in the very last second before I would start reeling in.

Sneaky steelhead.

Reactions: eggs
M
mlw
Congratulations - and nice fly.
Michael

M
markasd
Such a vicious take - absolutely love it! Deadly lookin fly too, was just checkin' it out in the tying thread...

E
eggs
Thanks bro... I screwed up the order for tying and tied the front fly 1st... making tying very hard to do on the back fly.. leason learned.... took 45mins when it should have been 10...

The fish went tail walking a couple times.. thought for sure I was going 0-11..

G
Growbug
Nice fish... congrats on the fly and the catch

brandon4455
brandon4455
way to go bro. that fly may be beautiful but that steelie tops it! congrats :clap:

T
troutramp
nice fly nice fish it got to be great to catch one on the fly you tied yourself.

L
lilsalmon
beautiful!!!! Good job with the fly and the fish....

O
OnTheFly
Ohhhhhh SWEEET!!!!! Doesn't get any better than THAT!!!!!!

B
BlackBass
Watched you reel that fish in from downriver. I was thinking man this guy sure has lots of slack in his line, I would suggest stripping line when you have all that slack :). Great job on catching you're first Steel on a fly. LOL at your buddy who said " Its bulldogging " it " Must be a Springer " :lol:

E
eggs
Hahah thanks.. yea I actually caught it on a completely blown cast my loop colapsed but figured "screw it, let just see what happens".... I seems like you can make a perfect cast and no fish cares to take, screw a cast up and its 'fish on' hahaha..

W
waco
Good job man!!!! steelhead on the fly, the best feeling ever specially when they make some jumps!!!!!! :clap: :clap: Man i want to go fishing now!!!! :protest: :protest:

Irishrover
Irishrover
That was a fun trip. Eggs talked me in to coming down to be his witness. When I got to his house at 5am he showed me that fly. He had just made it the night before and I had to admit it was a good looking rig, especially with winters, summers and chinook as the target. We hit the river and were soon joined by Ninjia and Eastcoastborn. We were all swing flies on spey rods. A couple of fellows in a driftboat came by and we were shooting the breeze when one of the announced "hey your buudy has a fish on." We headed down towards Eggs to give him a hand if needed about then that steelhead came about three feet out of the water doing a couple of full cartwheels and making a downstreem run. Eastcoastborn gave Eggs a hand landing the fish while Ninjia and I sat on the bank offering sage advise like "nice fish don't lose him, and are you sure it's not a carp". I was something to see, a buddy catching his first steelhead on a fly, a fly he designed and tied the night before. Way to go Eggs.:clap::clap:

Last edited:
B
BlackBass
Was fun to watch for sure. I noticed you were swinging and letting your fly work in the current below you. Awesome looking fly. Should have some great days ahead if you can whip that thing out around our Floats and bait :)

M
mgdguy
Awesome!! :clap: :clap:

Y
Yohan
That deserves an atta-boy! Nicely done!