1st on the fly!

F
fishingfreak
Went out this morning in search of the last Summer Steel. After landing the 1st of the day Bigdog loaned me his flyrod. I landed this one a few hrs later. This is my 1st on a flyrod and yes it was spooling me 2.:lol: After having my finger slammed by the reel handle a couple times I learned quick:lol:. I have to say that was fun and a different experience. Looks like I may buy another rod:shock:. Thanks Bigdog for my 1st On The Fly! That was a blast!
9-7-2010Fishingpics015.jpg9-7-2010Fishingpics016.jpg9-7-2010Fishingpics017.jpg
FF

T
Troutier Bassier
Wow! :D Niiiice

O
OnTheFly
Yeah..those handles can be real knuckle busters. Nice catch!

B
bigsteel
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

G
Growbug
couple of REAL NICE fish... i have never used a red karabiner fly before, but, that hookup looks like it had no chances of escaping.

F
fishingfreak
Thanks everyone ! :DYa and you should have seen the look on the other fishermans face when I was casting it.:lol: It was easy to set the hook on that one.:D

B
bigdog
LOL I told you to watch out for that nob man I wasn't joking lol.

D
dan88
Nice!!!

T
Thuggin4Life
Nice!

M
Moe
Man you guys are killing them! Great job!:clap::dance:

T
tnffishman
Great fish! my dad uses his fly rod almost exclusively and I got the reel handle experience when I was young.

It's awesome you guys still picked a few outta there

E
everett464
Awesome! I have only ever had my knuckles busted once, shortly before tightening up, and losing the fish.

I look forward to getting them busted up again though.

C
Cohosanders
:clap::clap: Nicely done:D Beautiful looking fish:cool:

C
ChezJfrey
Wow, excellent job! Those fish look great.

Are you sure you weren't a fly guy in a previous life? ;)

S
Stile00
Nice fish! I just inherited my grandpa's old flyrod and am excited to try fly fishing myself!

L
lilsalmon
Keep your hand off the reel!!!!!! Metalfisher had to tell me that many times when I got mine on my 6 wt. Fun times wasn't it? Great job!!!!!

C
civicfun
very nice what river? if possible

N
ninja2010
B
bigdog
ninja2010 said:
clackamas

Oh now you have done it Jimmy ruin the whole river why don't you lol

N
ninja2010
i know... now we're gonna have combat fishing on both banks all the way from olallie butte to clackamette park. :D

hey when we gonna git me some ho on the fly?