1st Coho Trio!

F
fishingfreak
Took my Niece and her Fiance' out to try to get them their 1st Salmon last Thursday. We headed up to the Sandy for what turned into a 6 mile, 10hr fish finding expedition. I landed 3 Hatchery and one hard fighting Native, my Niece landed 1, and her fiance lost 4. Ooops! My Niece fought her fish in the water, down the rapids on her Bumm, I had to take over, until she came out of the rapids then she landed it. To the amusement of the other anglers She never let go of the pole although she was swept down the rapids with the pole up in the air.:lol: I am glad we all brought extra clothes after that we all 3 were soaked! Here are the pics from that day. What a blast the Coho can be when they explode down the rapids.:lol:
10-2-2010Coho010.jpgMy 1st Hen!:dance: 10-2-2010Coho004.jpg2nd Hen!:dance:
9-30-2010Coho005.jpgMy Buck!:dance:9-30-2010Coho007.jpgThe beautiful Nate that I fought for 6 minutes with 8lb Leader!

9-30-2010Coho010.jpgThe Hen that kicked Butt! If you look at her head she fought so hard the hook ripped into her head and she was wrapped up 6 times in the line during the fight.:lol: What a fun day of fishing but i was tired from hiking and playing with the Coho! I will post some more from The Saturday trip we took! I have to give a shout out to Auto Fisher / Pop A Top Yarn, 2 were caught using his product and Big Dog / Dead Hook Tackle 1 was caught on his spinner. The other was caught using my home cured eggs.

Enjoy,
FF

Last edited:
H
hog-slayer1986
Where were you guys fishing at?

N
nwkiller
way to go ff, awesome fish, and story

S
Slash
Great looking fish. Gratz!

F
fishingfreak
hog-slayer1986 said:
Where were you guys fishing at?
Thanks guys it was a blast! We were fishing the upper Sandy stretch from Oxbow to Cedar.

S
Slash
:)

Last edited:
R
rippin fish lips
Way to go!!!

T
tnffishman
Nice Feeeeesh man, I keep sayin I gotta hit the sandy

S
SALTYFISH
nice! good post.:clap::clap:

F
fishingfreak
Thanks everyone it was a blast watching her not let that one get away. She is a trooper I tell ya that. I thought I was going to have to buy a new rod and reel. Most people would have dropped that pole when they where swept off there feet but she just held on for the Coho ride.:lol:

FF

B
bigsteel
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

A
Anyfishisfine
Good to see you get that limit. I must say the Sandy has been sharing her bounty with me in abundance lately. I love that river.

A
autofisher
Way to go bro..... You're a machine...... and you say you're a rookie this year...... LIES ALL LIES

F
fishingfreak
Anyfishisfine said:
Good to see you get that limit. I must say the Sandy has been sharing her bounty with me in abundance lately. I love that river.

Thank You Sir. This is actually the 1st year in 17yrs that I have fished the Sandy. I used to hit it for Trout when I was kid up til I was about 20. I agree the Sandy is a great place to fish especially when you can hike away from the pressured holes..

Last edited:
F
fishingfreak
autofisher said:
Way to go bro..... You're a machine...... and you say you're a rookie this year...... LIES ALL LIES

Nope 1st year for the biggens! All Trout before that! But its strange that the fish are in the same holes that I fished for trout in except different times of the year. I just am persistent and lucky! I am however making a catch Calendar and next year will be very interesting.lol

T
Thuggin4Life
NIce fish! i see one was starting to turn. time to fire up that smoker. way to go on that coho ride!

F
fishingfreak
Thuggin4Life said:
NIce fish! i see one was starting to turn. time to fire up that smoker. way to go on that coho ride!
Thanks Man! Actually the Bucks cut better than the Chromer Hens here on the Rivers! I cut him up and he was tastey right on the grill!9-30-2010Coho002.jpg

F
fishingfreak
Thuggin4Life said:

Actually I ended up Smoking 1/2 of him and grilling the other 1/2. I have a new recipe that is delicious and i like smoked fish better myself.