1st 2nd and 3rd bass!

98nismo

I just wanted to share some pictures and my time. In the last week I started fishing for bass after catching one fishing for trout. How fun it was to reel it in I was hooked. The first bass was at hagg before they started letting water out of the dam, I don't have a pic of it. This morning before work I went and caught 2 more one smaller one one the other the biggest out of the three. I had tons of fun. I caught the last two on a top water spinnerbait which I have to say made it more exciting to see the strike. First the smaller one:
d79cb131.jpg

Larger one
beaa431e.jpg

F

Finneus Polebender

I just wanted to share some pictures and my time. In the last week I started fishing for bass after catching one fishing for trout. How fun it was to reel it in I was hooked. The first bass was at hagg before they started letting water out of the dam, I don't have a pic of it. This morning before work I went and caught 2 more one smaller one one the other the biggest out of the three. I had tons of fun. I caught the last two on a top water spinnerbait which I have to say made it more exciting to see the strike. First the smaller one:
d79cb131.jpg

Larger one
beaa431e.jpg

topwater is the equivelant of the fly fishermans art when it comes to bass angling ,not to mention highly addictive ,nice job on the bass and welcome to the world of topwater!

98nismo

Thank you! Yes your right about the addictive thing I can't get my mind off of it! I wonder how my girlfriend feels lol. I have no idea but I'm assuming these are LM bass? I was told if they have horizontal line it's a LM, and vertical line it's a SM?

M

Markcanby

Yes those are nice an I love the Buzz bait myself. I haven't used one in years may have to get out an pitch one tomorrow.

F

Finneus Polebender

Sure look like LM might be the angle or the light ,but dont see the usual horizontal black stripe down the mid section , wonder if they are spotted LM ?

Last edited:
M

Markcanby

No they look like regular LM to me. The spotted have big splotches on the side. Those in the pics look liker dirty water LM they usually have less distinctive lines in dirty water.

M

Markcanby

Yeah they vary depending on the type of bottom. In the Molalla on the rocks the stripe looks like it was put on with shoe black.

98nismo

Question. Is it ok for the fish if I hold em vertical by the lower lip? I'm still learning lots.

F

Finneus Polebender

Question. Is it ok for the fish if I hold em vertical by the lower lip? I'm still learning lots.

Bass are pretty tough customers no prob with holding them that way, if they are big would get ahold of the tail with the other hand . holding just the lip can lead to one good head shake and by by fishy!

98nismo

Thanks for the info. I went out and caught some more. Man this bass fishing is fun! I landed one and lost another cus my drag was too low when it went into the weeds I went to Change the drag and the fish got off. The one I did catch it it came flying up from under some thick Alge jumped at my lure but missed. So I fasted right where I did just as the first time and it took the lure this time.this one had the large mouth line in it pretty good. Btw I released these all back into the pond.

Last edited:
Top Bottom