19 pounds of coastal

B
bigdog
Ok so I lied it was only 18.95 pounds. So I never went and tried for coastal fallies so that's what we did today. Have to say fishing tide waters is a different game in it's self, one minute the river is going one direction the next in the other, one minute there is a bank to stand on the next you are fishing in the water. Have to say I think I like it though, was lucky enough to pull this pretty little girl out today, she put up a pretty good little fight though. Still had sea lice on her and everything. Raining OFF and on all day but still a good fun day. Now I know that my egg cure works for the coastal fish as well. All in all would have to say not a bad day for my first time going after coastal fallies.
001-5.jpg
002-5.jpg

CJ

brandon4455
brandon4455
congrats man thats a nice chrome fish right there!

A
Airs98
Awesome fish!

B
BobbiDollPDX
Wow, nice fish CJ

E
eggs
Nice job... that info help?

B
bigdog
I was really never able to get it large enough to be able to read. I'm going to try to get it larger this week to see if can read it. I know once I'm able to see the maps better I'm pretty sure it will help out a lot for learning the rivers out that way.

CJ

Last edited:
S
steelheadstalker31
Nice fish...

B
boomstick
Dude you're killing me here...very NICE!

O
OnTheFly
Nice salmon CJ. Your catch record is phenomenal.

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
You are on fire!!! :shock: :clap: That grin looks good on your lil mug...:D

J
Johnny Southpaw
Nice freakin' job man.

M
mgdguy
Great fish! :clap:

B
bigsteel
excellent fish CJ,,way to go man

E
EastCountyRookie
What river was that it looks like the trask

B
bigdog
Oh come on now if I tell you that then I will be giving out mine and my other 50 people secret hole :lol: Yeah it was the trask.

I think I'm liking the coastal fishing besides for the drive and the weather :lol:

F
FishFinger
Great job CJ, Tide water fishing is a different beast, and speaking of a beast! Enjoy your dinner!

kirkster
kirkster
Nice fish bro, I'm glad to see you finaly ventured away from town. Now you know what I've been talking about. When your ready to hook in to a steelhead that size let me know.

B
bigdog
FishFinger said:
Great job CJ, Tide water fishing is a different beast, and speaking of a beast! Enjoy your dinner!

Yeah it is different for sure. There are a lot more facters to take in to mind when fishing tide water. And just when I thought I had this salmon and steelhead fishing thing figured out :lol: I'll tell you what though being my first time trying it and getting in to a nice fish like this is a sure way to keep me coming back for more.
Oh and thank you to Doug for getting me out there and to Tom for helping me get that fish tailed in. Not to sure on how easy it would have been to tail it alone with my feet sinking 4-6 inches in the mud :lol:

CJ

Last edited:
B
bigdog
kirkster said:
Nice fish bro, I'm glad to see you finaly ventured away from town. Now you know what I've been talking about. When your ready to hook in to a steelhead that size let me know.

I'm always ready and willing to hook in to any fish that size and bigger. Let me take a guess at this you want me to hit the Deschutes with ya :lol:

kirkster
kirkster
bigdog said:
I'm always ready and willing to hook in to any fish that size and bigger. Let me take a guess at this you want me to hit the Deschutes with ya :lol:

We wouldnt have to go quite that far, :think: On the other hand we could go further east. Hell one time I was in search of big chrome and woke up in lewiston Idaho.:shock::lol: