12 species in AK...

F
fishnquest
and I still can't catch a fish in a river :wall::doh:
Caught Ling Cod, Sculpin, Grey Cod, Halibut, King, Silver, Pink, and Red Salmon, Black Bass, Skate, Dolly, and Starfish! All in the ocean.

A
autofisher
You might not be able to catch a fish in a river, but you've got a hell of a resume right there. I'm green with envy bud. That looks like a fun trip. Those are some nice fish.

M
metalfisher76
Sa-weet!! That`s a nice haul bud!

T
TTFishon
That's the biggest sculpin I have ever seen! Nothing like a variety. Nice job!

F
Finneus Polebender
must be a king sculpin LOL no joke though those are some nice fish!

S
strawberry shortcake
I ssssure hope you don't want a recipe for THAT! I've never cooked anything that big before! If you had ME on one of your hooks I'ld be the SMALL catch!

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Very cool trip!

Very cool trip!

Sure looks like you had a great time and made a heck of a haul!! :shock: I couldn't even catch the gold fish in the backyard pond yesterday...:( :lol: :lol:

N
ninja2010
good one, dale... way to slay 'em. :clap::clap::clap:

gotta say, i love the salt - the rivers just can't compare when it comes to variety and numbers of fish.

T
Thuggin4Life
Hey man thats great you got out and looks like you had a great trip. I need to find my way back to alaska one of these days.

M
Moe
Those are some nice fish! Man I love the salt!

M
Markcanby
I guess you dont need to post in the "Whats in your Freezer" thread man you are luck to those kind of choices for dinner.

O
OnTheFly
Holy Smokes Dale!!! How much did the halibut weigh in at?

H
Hawk
Those are all mighty beauties Bro,

Great Job...

:clap::clap::clap:
:D:D:D
:cool::cool::cool:

F
fishnquest
The trip of a lifetime

The trip of a lifetime

Too late Mark, I already did :D.

My brother-in-law took us fishing more times than I can count. We got fish for everybody in the family. The biggest halibut was 50lbs; its the only one we weighed. My wife caught the next biggest at about 30 lbs. I got two more at about 25lbs each.
Hooked 3 kings in one day about 25lbs each; (they tell me that never happens).
One silver, 12lbs or so. Lots of humpys (pink); they catch and release them.
One ling. Two nice big rockfish; I had to convince them to keep those, they didn't know those were good to eat.

I caught a small dolly on my fly rod while fishing for reds in the pagashak river; my first fish on the 8wt after 3 years of trying. I hooked one very nice red on the fly rod; got so excited I grabbed the line and held tight until he broke off after jumping about 3 times :doh:. But it got me excited again about fly fishing.

Man, they eat good up there. My 2nd suitcase was an ice chest; we took up some Covelo organic beef and fruits and vegetables and brought back all the fish it would carry; even got a box of scallops. Needless to say, the trip of a lifetime. Our other daughter called her mom to make sure we were not going to move there.:lol:

B
bigsteel
WOW,,,,what an excellent catch there,,,,,,way to go

N
nwkiller
wow man.......jealousy is the only word i have.....way to go