11#'s of steel

B
bigdog
We (Tom aka: youngebuck, Erin aka: eggs and myself) set out today to try some new ground and found it. Was a good hike in but worth it though. We had a few fish on and then lost them but I manage to get one 11 pound buck to the bank, not to bad for a half day trip. This one is darker then what would like to have got but with the very little times I have made it out to the water for the winters I better take what I can get. Still cut pink but this ones going to the smoker. Going to have to work on the summers to get some for the table. This one was took on one of my withe and red jigs. Also was a beautifull area we were in. Great looking views and just about no one around.

K
Kodiak
:clap::cool:

M
mgdguy
The spot and the fish look great to me! Nice :cool:

M
metalmania
Damn that water looks nice!

B
bigdog
Oh it was. couldn't have asked for a better day on the water. Wasn't boiling with fish but was still a great day. Metalmania I'm thinking you might know the area we were in.

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Oregon Heaven

Oregon Heaven

Way to get out there and hunt them down,guys! Looks like you found another slice of Oregon Heaven. Fire up the smoker and enjoy.

T
Throbbit _Shane
very nice big dog :D

T
Thuggin4Life
Nice looking water and a smoker full is well worth the hike. Way to getout and do it guys. And to top it off on a self made jig. I think you may be tieing up many of them if anyone knows whats good.

T
Troutier Bassier
I heard Tom got his biggest steelhead there too? or was it someone else...
Looks like a nice hole! good job!

B
bigdog
He got his biggest one on the same river but lower. We went up higher today.

Yeah the smoker is going to be put to work real soon here.

E
eggs
My NATIVE was fun too bad he shook loose after like 10mins.. good thing CJ got into a fish or I would hav had a sour taste in my mouth even after the awesome day we had.. the water we found is a great 'hidden gem'...

I got a couple pics to post up tomorrow... I will leave the pics of CJ doing nasty things(think door #2) to his fish out of the thread :D

Nice job guys today was a great day.. even if I did loose a nice fish and all my jigs...

B
bigdog
That nate you had was a nice looking fish to bright and full of spunk. It was a great day though and yes a great area. Not to sure on next weekend yet though my daughter has another softball game on sat and not to sure about a coastal trip on sunday. have to figure that out later in the week.

F
FISHHEADMAFIA
bigdog said:
Oh it was. couldn't have asked for a better day on the water. Wasn't boiling with fish but was still a great day. Metalmania I'm thinking you might know the area we were in.

I know exactly where you were . sweet spot .

C
Cohosanders
:clap:Looks like getting out and tying your new weaponry is paying off in a good way:D That spot looks awesome. It would be great to go there on a summer day limit out and then go swimming:cool: Good job once again.

E
eggs
Ohh for sure we spotted tons of summer fishing and swimming hole!

L
lilsalmon
Good job.....very nice area.....Its all good to just be out on the water...catching makes it even better......

F
fishnquest
Beautiful pictures. I want to go fishing.

E
EastCountyRookie
I believe looks like the water before ca*#$%^ yeah or no?

B
bigdog
EastCountyRookie said:
I believe looks like the water before ca*#$%^ yeah or no?

I'm not to sure I know what ca*#$%^ is. It's on the clack if that means anything to you.

M
metalmania
bigdog said:
I'm not to sure I know what ca*#$%^ is. It's on the clack if that means anything to you.

It probably means cazadero.