11 on the drop...

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
nothing better to do today and was hoping maybe Lake Creek would have cleared...nope. heavy rain coming Wed-Thur is likely to blow things out again...roger

anybody want to drift the Horn at 11?

Last edited by a moderator:
B
billfisher
Don't think so :yikes:

B
Big3d
I applaud your attempt. Worth going just to check it out anyway.

GaryP1958
GaryP1958
I was going to hit 10 Mile today or tomorrow but I decided to finish the tile on my kitchen counter tops plus I am pounding screwdrivers, I think I will wait till the next lull in floodwaters!:thumb:

B
Billamicasr
Rodgerdodger your Lake Creek post about the Horn reminded me of past excursions; speaking of running the Horn during flood stage... I'd pretty much forgotten about some old photos. Look in the "other stuff related to fishing" section.
[h=2][/h]

jamisonace
jamisonace
Is that slide in operation?

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
jamisonace said:
Is that slide in operation?

only for crazy people when the river is this high...:lol:

I took that picture from the red star in this screen shot from Google Maps...there is a large parking area OFF the road there but no official launch...

Last edited by a moderator:
GaryP1958
GaryP1958
Classic steelhead water down there when it drops read the history and the Memorials of the best fishermen!

J
JeannaJigs
The Horn looks way less intimidating when it's high than when it's low, give me a Xanax beforehand and someone elses boat and I'd give it a shot LOL. This time of year there's usually kayakers running it. I have seen a drift boat go through it, but that was before some boulders moved around and changed it all up again.

jamisonace
jamisonace
rogerdodger said:
only for crazy people when the river is this high...:lol:

I took that picture from the red star in this screen shot from Google Maps...there is a large parking area OFF the road there but no official

I recognize it now. Top of the horn, right? It's more to pull out than put in I'm guessing.

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
jamisonace said:
I recognize it now. Top of the horn, right? It's more to pull out than put in I'm guessing.

that makes sense, you could put in at Schindler's Landing and take out at that slide just above the horn...

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
fished today at '9 on the drop' and it was still a foot too high and water color better but not quite right, I found decent water to fish at 3 locations. With "The Big Rain" hitting soon, looks like it will be well into next week before it gets to fishing level...cheers, roger

jamisonace
jamisonace
I'm hoping to hit it as soon as it gets below 7.

rogerdodger said:
fished today at '9 on the drop' and it was still a foot too high and water color better but not quite right, I found decent water to fish at 3 locations. With "The Big Rain" hitting soon, looks like it will be well into next week before it gets to fishing level...cheers, roger

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
jamisonace said:
I'm hoping to hit it as soon as it gets below 7.
:thumb: