11/29 Willy sturgeon... the upper and lower

S
SNDSLGR
We heard there were Sturgeon near Newburg so a couple buddies and me went out to give it a go. Booooo! Fished all morning in 4 or 5 holes, not a bite so we bailed about 1230. Driving home the first skunk on my boat was eating at me and I just couldnt let it go so I swung by the house and grabbed wifey and the boys. We launched the boat at St. Johns and went to my favorite hole. Fish on before I even had all three rods out. Got my youngest his first sturgeon, or "shark fish" as he calls them. We boated 11 shakers in the next 1.5 hours and then got boarded by the Coast Guard for a safety inspection which wasted the rest of our daylight. Biggest was a 36" that was caught on a salmon pole so it was a fun fish. Fun afternoon and family time in weather that couldnt be beaten in late November.

IMG_0615.jpg

IMG_0617.jpg

IMG_0620.jpg

IMG_0623.jpg

Last edited:
T
Troutier Bassier
They mustve had a lot of fun,
I can remember sometime back when I was about 7. My dad took me sturgeon fishing. I caught a lot and It was a lot of fun.

What was the magic bait today?

T
troutmasta
Thats rad! I wish I couldve done that when I was little. Sorry newberg didn't work out for you.

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Beautiful day

Beautiful day

:dance: That is the best way to spend any day of the year. Way to go Super Dad!! :clap::clap::clap:

H
halibuthitman
man! you must have been in about 75 ft of water! way to go gettin the little fellers into some fish! and I know I always say move... move... move but changing rivers? wow... thats heart, you are a hunter...:D