11/16 Seat open

S
SNDSLGR
Want to do a little C/R sturgeon fishing on Monday morning. I have a seat open on my boat if anyone would like to join me. Putting the boat in at St. Johns and have a few good holes to fish in that area.

I have all that is needed for gear and bait but gas money is always accepted... however not required.

C
Chrome_Chaser
I sure would love to join you, unfortunately I have to work.:)

F
Fishydog
I would join you, I am trying to learn sturgeon, but I'm just not a catch and release kinda guy. If I put all that time, money, and effort into bringing a fish to the brink of death I'm going to finish the job, and eat it :D Have you ever been sturgeon fishing about the falls? I hear there's resident fish and retention 7 days a week. Just a thought. Do you ever go on Fridays?
Good luck, Doug :cool:

S
SNDSLGR
Fishydog said:
I would join you, I am trying to learn sturgeon, but I'm just not a catch and release kinda guy. If I put all that time, money, and effort into bringing a fish to the brink of death I'm going to finish the job, and eat it :D Have you ever been sturgeon fishing about the falls? I hear there's resident fish and retention 7 days a week. Just a thought. Do you ever go on Fridays?
Good luck, Doug :cool:

Its good that you are trying to learn sturgeon, here is you first lesson:tongue:. Most days spent sturgeon fishing are C/R rather you like it or not. The size restriction combined with the day restriction make most fish releasers. The good side of that is they are so much fun you wont care. Besides, the numbers are dwindling and we would all be smart to let a few more go, trouble is they are so damn tasty.

H
halibuthitman
ooooh yeah smoked sturgeon!! But I fish the channel..... sooo no eatin for me, unless I get one somewhere else.

S
SNDSLGR
halibuthitman said:
ooooh yeah smoked sturgeon!! But I fish the channel..... sooo no eatin for me, unless I get one somewhere else.

If you wake up bored give me a call, we will swing over to the dock and pick you up. :cool:

H
halibuthitman
there was a load of boats on the honda hole fri and sat... mabe I,ll give ya a ring in am, you be out all day?

S
SNDSLGR
til 1 or 2 if the weather allows it, hope to hear from you.

S
SNDSLGR
Man that wind is howling downtown! Jeff (kayakkid) got up early and made the drive all the way from Salem for his first sturgeon trip. We took a beating from the wind today which made it hard to pick up fish although we had a pretty steady bite going for most the day. We managed quite a few small shakers and Jeff got his first sturgeon so mission accomplished. Smelt, anchovies, and squid all produced fish.

Glad you came up man, had a good time fishing with you. Next time we will hope for better weather. Lets see that pic!

S
skunk
Next time if you post a few days in advance I can get time off. I'd love to join for an outing and Im good for gas money! Be my first time also.

F
Fishydog
SNDSLGR said:
Its good that you are trying to learn sturgeon, here is you first lesson:tongue:. Most days spent sturgeon fishing are C/R rather you like it or not. The size restriction combined with the day restriction make most fish releasers. The good side of that is they are so much fun you wont care. Besides, the numbers are dwindling and we would all be smart to let a few more go, trouble is they are so damn tasty.

Sorry, I didn't mean to sound like a shmuck, and yes I know most of the time you have to release shakers and oversized, but I wouldn't want to get into a keeper and have to let it go. Glad you guys got into some fish, it must have been brutal out there :shock:.

:cool:

Y
youngbuck307
fishydog i didn't know you were getting into sturgeon last time we talked you werent to sure about them big guys if you ever want to get out i know a few holes to hit!!

F
Fishydog
I'm still not sure if I want to eat them, and you know me if I can't kill it and eat it what's the point. Maybe I could learn on the toxic fish around here and then go get keepers at the coast :cool:

Last edited:
H
halibuthitman
Fishydog said:
I'm still not sure if I want to eat them, and you know me if I can't kill it and eat it what's the point. Maybe I could learn on the toxic fish around here and then go get keepers and the coast :cool:
Thats how I roll! tillmook bay for keepers, everything else is just a superfund sponge.

S
SNDSLGR
Got some open seat karma returned to me today. Halibut put us right on the fish then put on a keeper seminar. Great day until the wind caught up to us, thx again.

IMG_0598.jpg

H
halibuthitman
I love it when a plan comes together!!!