10lb Oregon Bass??

C
colbypearson
YA!!!!... as i told some of you that i have had some encounters recently of some monsters, well they were a process of elimination for this girl i guess... finally it appears i have it all figured out on how to get them to the boat not eh 7lbr's or the 8'lbr's....the 9's 10's and bigger?? YEP, i did it by it i mean break the double digit mark once again this fish is 10lbs 2 ounces :shock:....i purposely wieghed it 2 times becuase i was stoked to break 10 again the first weight was 10lbs 2 ounces the 2nd was 10lbs 5 ounces as you can see!!!! HARDWORK+DEDICATION+PERSERVERANCE+TIME+SKILL=BIG PAYOUTS

hope you enjoy these theyre not perfect but heck i was alone i think theyre just fine :D

11-14-2010_006.jpg11-14-2010_003.jpg11-14-2010_005.jpg11-14-2010_004.jpg11-14-2010_002.jpg

troutdude
troutdude
As Bart Simpson might say...HOLY COW MAN!!!

That ain't no pig...it's a GENUINE CERTIFIED HAWG!!!

Even if we just use 10.2 lbs as it's actual weight...you are only 1.975 lbs OFF of a new state record! (31.6 ounces). WOW!!!

The current state bucketmouth record has stood since 2002, and the certified weight was: 12 lbs & 1.6 ounces.

Keep up the great work, and we may see you in the record books!

S
SantiamDrifter
Wall mount?

C
colbypearson
G
Growbug
Holy Largemouth Batman!!!

Thats a MONSTER.

Colby.. we are going to be seeing your name up there soon for largest bass ever.

C
colbypearson
troutdude said:

Even if we just use 10.2 lbs as it's actual weight...you are only 1.975 lbs OFF of a new state record! (31.6 ounces). WOW!!!

The current state bucketmouth record has stood since 2002, and the certified weight was: 12 lbs & 1.6 ounces.

im looking for her got some ideas on where to get the record for 2011 well see i know its my goal, that fish is still swimming so maybe i wait it out and who knows maybe she will be the one i know theres others though, C&R all the time! good genetics.

brandon4455
brandon4455
troutdude said:

he's been a lot closer to the record then you think.

T
TTFishon
Wow!!! That would be a bass of a lifetime for me. Awesome fish man!!! Thanks for sharing.

C
colbypearson
TTFishon said:
Wow!!! That would be a bass of a lifetime for me. Awesome fish man!!! Thanks for sharing.

no problem!

T
Throbbit _Shane
nice one colby!!! u told me u would break the double digits again. congrats!

B
bigsteel
excellent fish bro,10 lb bass is a great accomplishment,keep it up

C
colbypearson
bigsteel said:
excellent fish bro,10 lb bass is a great accomplishment,keep it up

thanks everyone im pretty stoked on it myself, to seperate the differances from the two strains theres northern strain and florida strain northern is the smaller of the two rarely ever breaking 8lbs, i am very lucky considering this is a northern strain largemouth i am very impressed florida strain have broken 25lbs under perfect conditions but enver in oregon (state records just over 12lbs) we only have a select few lakes with florida strain largies.

M
Moe
GREAT fish man!! Soon to be a record holder for sure!

C
colbypearson
Moe said:
GREAT fish man!! Soon to be a record holder for sure!

hope so i got some ideas for spring 2011 that may hold up but who knows i would like to though, get it without killing the fish also.

F
Finneus Polebender
colbypearson said:
hope so i got some ideas for spring 2011 that may hold up but who knows i would like to though, get it without killing the fish also.

Last state record was released just gotta be ready with a live well set up and get her to a certified scale ! Told ya you would do it that fish is a reel monster ! Congrats on the hard work payin off !

C
colbypearson
Finneus Polebender said:
Last state record was released just gotta be ready with a live well set up and get her to a certified scale ! Told ya you would do it that fish is a reel monster ! Congrats on the hard work payin off !

thanks FP i was waiting for your post!! LOL, i already got plans if it goes down

T
todd
thats crazy.how long did it fight for

C
colbypearson
todd said:
thats crazy.how long did it fight for

not long but hard i had 17lb p-line CXX and a net i wasn't taking any chances had to many break my heart like this :D

V
Van
That is a helluva bass. Nice catch. Been a very long time since i have seen a bass that big landed. Grats.

C
colbypearson
Van said:
That is a helluva bass. Nice catch. Been a very long time since i have seen a bass that big landed. Grats.

thanks!! i love chasing giant bass