10-11-13

G
Gettin' Jiggy Wid It
IMG_0001.jpgNephew and I started trolling at 7:15 am and limited out on trout by 10:45 am. Fish were concentrated in small groups of half a dozen fish up to larger groups of 30 to 50 fish in the middle of lake about 100 meters out from the dam, and FF was key to staying on top of them. Majority of the fish were 25 to 35 feet down, and 2 ounces of lead was perfect to get to them. Wedding rings tipped w/worm did well, but we lost 8 fish or more because the hook sets were very light.

Probably a dozen boats on lake at 11 when we left, and lots of people catching fish.

Last edited:
Reactions: JeannaJigs
SiletzTroutKiller
SiletzTroutKiller
What was the size range of the trout you guys bagged?

W
wozniasm
Thanks for the report and glad you guys had a great time!

G
Gettin' Jiggy Wid It
SiletzTroutKiller said:
What was the size range of the trout you guys bagged?

They were all recent stockers in the 10 inch range. We had hoped to get into a few larger fish, but just couldnt find them.

F
FishFinger
Impressive stringer, well done! Thanks for the report.

B
bernduffy
Thanks for the report. Nice grouping. Double limit by 10:45...yup, welcome to Hagg in October. Tell me about those light hooksets...I'm sharpening my hooks ahead of time.
I really like your rig, esp that Suz 2.5. Don't think I'm ready to give up the stability of my pontoon what with the party boat wakes I endure every summer.
I'm trying to get there tomorrow (Sun 10/14) ...will report.

G
Gettin' Jiggy Wid It
bernduffy said:
Thanks for the report. Nice grouping. Double limit by 10:45...yup, welcome to Hagg in October. Tell me about those light hooksets...I'm sharpening my hooks ahead of time.
I really like your rig, esp that Suz 2.5. Don't think I'm ready to give up the stability of my pontoon what with the party boat wakes I endure every summer.
I'm trying to get there tomorrow (Sun 10/14) ...will report.

Thanks everyone!
I hear you about the boat wakes. I have to see them coming to keep them from washing over me. And when i was at green peter in july, after the wind kicked up at 11 am, it was like an episode of The Greatest Catch -- the waves were 2 ft or higher from every direction...no rhyme or reason to them.

I didn't get a chance to fish for smallies this fall at hagg yet. Hoping to drag the depths for them soon.

bass
bass
Awesome! Way to get your nephew into some great fishing. We are not worthy!

L
LawyerBob
Well done!

I also tend to avoid the southern end of Hagg due to all the wake. Rather pit my drift boat against rocks and boulders than face off against Hagg's partygoers, haha. (=