10.05.08 @ E.c.

A
ArcticAmoeba
Went fishin. Eagle Creek on Sunday with a friend, Osmosis. Did pretty well. Osmosis could have been done before the sun was up, but it took me a bit to hook into anything...Lemon Joy, and wham, started party fishing! Had a couple Natty Spawned brutes, but mostly brats, and saw a bunch of weird little stocker sized trout smolts jammin up. We actually had the opportunity to essentially sort through fish, there were so many comin up. Osmosis banked an 18 pound Coho buck that was over 3 feet in length. It is among the top 5 biggest fish landed from the creek this year. Fun day, with probably close to 30 fish hooked into between the two of us. Osmo hooked majority, but I held my own, and we both simply crushed 'em A few came unbuttoned towords the end of our excursion, which was kind of weird, but it still happens. Good day all in all, and got some great pictures. Freezers on the verge of burstin, better start cookin...Ian, out.

Last edited by a moderator:
A
ArcticAmoeba
Three more pics. A couple money shots there...;)I'm in the red, Osmosis in the green by the way.

Here are a couple more fish from days after the fifth...Check out the uber-darkie...He's at Tony's gettin smoked down! Real fighter though, 4, 3/0 Gamas were lodged into him at various points. He was hooked so badly inthe gill he was leaving a grease trail behind him, of blood...Poor guy. At least he will be thouroghly enjoyed by many.

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/i170.photobucket.com\/albums\/u252\/arcticamoeba\/Pig16.jpg"}[/IMG2]

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/i170.photobucket.com\/albums\/u252\/arcticamoeba\/PigDarkie.jpg"}[/IMG2]

Last edited by a moderator:
O
osmosis
That was a pretty good day. Always fun fishin with you man.
Some of those coho were just Angry. Double backflips and all..

Maybe we'll run into each other tomorrow. The water should be on the drop and first and last light ought to be pretty killer.

A
ArcticAmoeba
Yeah it was a pretty good day wasn't it? Hit me up, you'll know where I'll be tomorrow...And yes those fish were just full of hate, almost all of 'em. Thanks man, maybe see you tomorrow...If zilch down low, I'm gonna try to chase 'em up to the lowest spot I can find...Get away from the snaggs.

That first picture of you with that bass gear bent to all hell is pretty funny man, and you can actually see how bright that particular feesh was on the far side of its hate flip splash...

Last edited:
O
osmosis
imagine how many springers in bait we picked up in just one day!

Last edited:
A
ArcticAmoeba
Those big Chinook better be ready this coming spring, cause it is going to be backbounce city in those wicked holes. If we get lazy we'll dive 'em, but I want to get some Bill type action in, but actually net the fish.:rolleyes: You know.

O
osmosis
Dude the clack is at 11.7 its getting close.. juust a little more rain and I can get my sled everywhere in there

A
ArcticAmoeba
So are you trying to imply that the winter Steelhead will now have absolutely zero chance of making it past us? I killed them this year from the bank, if we backtroll, or sidedrift, the sewer trout won't know what to do, lights out...If we get a decent return this winter. Hope so, but yes we shall at least try for the tail end of the Coho in the Clack. God, 11.7, makes you want to spit in the river to get it up that last inch and a half.

L
luv2fish
aren't those kinda dark....???????

F
Fishtopher
Thats what a majority of the fish look like now out of e.c..
So uhh...did you have someone else with ya? Cuz I count 7 seven fish.

L
luv2fish
I guess after catching 5 coho at EC I'm kinda well aware what they look like...2 of 'em over 20 pounders with 2 taken under dowty with jensen and 4 of 'em were bright..as of mirror polish....rite inside the mouth...10# flouro leader...

B
bir48die
Evening Bite

Evening Bite

Is there such a thing as an evening bite? It seems like we're all out there at the crack of dawn to get the first bite but is there any action late afternoon to the evening?

F
Fishtopher
Its In The Mouth!
Thats great! Good on ya. But Ill bet that darker fish are still the majority.

F
Fishydog
No wonder I didn't get any action, you guys nailed 'em all. Was out there in the morning after playing in the muddy Sandy. Didn't see anybody catching anything. I need to fish with you guys :pray:

F
Fishtopher
Fishtopher said:
Thats what a majority of the fish look like now out of e.c..
So uhh...did you have someone else with ya? Cuz I count 7 seven fish.

...forgot, way to go!! Sounds like a great day of fishin'. :clap:

O
osmosis
Theyre Pretty dark, just like the rest of the EC fish. ALl but one cut nice, one was orange.

Yes, we killed 7 so thats all you see in the group shot. 6 adults and a jack. We C&R around 30 fish in one day.

Lol 5 fish makes you an expert, I get it... and 2 over 20 lbs raj? you need to invest in a scale as you apparently have no clue as to what fish weigh. Clackamas Coho extremely rarely exceed 20lbs.. I can say positively they were far from 20lbs without even seeing them. More reasonably in the 8-12lb range.

If you have to worry about the hook being in the mouth - you are not an ethical fishermen. You are just hitting fish with hooks.

we have a witness to both the fact that we are actually fishing, and catching fairly - plus the numbers we quote..

Which one of the guys under the bridge was using the 4/0 treble hooks I was pulling out of the fish's backs?

Last edited:
F
Fishtopher
osmosis said:
Yes, we killed 7 so thats all you see in the group shot. 6 adults and a jack. We C&R around 30 fish in one day. are you serious that you think We'd have killed all 30?

LOL..Haha!The math I was doin was 3+3 for the both of ya:doh:. I guess I could have blown up the picture to look at the fish,:redface: didn't notice the jack...makes the day's dinner a lil better IMO...

O
osmosis
HAHA I misunderstood you completely.
Yeah 3 and 3 plus a jack.. Jacks are Great for sure.

We saw a ton of these little tiny stocker trout sized coho jacks shootting upstream that day. They weren't the cutties, they were coho but micro. None were biters though.

S
SNYDER
This year has been a good year for big fish at eagle creek, I caught this one about three weeks ago below the mouth of eagle creek. There was another guy fishing with me and he caught a wild buck that made my fish look like a hen. the fish below weighed 17 pounds.

S
SNYDER
Here Is The Fish

Top Bottom