1 more week...

E
eggs
And we are coming to kick your ass old man Crooked! We are brining a crew to fight your crew!

Watch out and tell those 'bugs' to start hatching!
:mad:

Last edited:
E
eggs
Odfw rec report 3/9/2011

CROOKED RIVER BELOW BOWMAN DAM: redband trout and mountain whitefish Small nymph imitations work well and blue wing olive hatches are common in March. Flows have been more consistent lately; however, check flows before venturing out. Fishing should improve as the week continues. According to recent angler reports to ODFW Fishing Reports the trout seem to be larger this year than in recent past years. Anglers are reminded that angling methods are restricted to artificial flies and lures from Oct. 31, 2010 to May 28, 2011. A sample of redband trout and mountain whitefish are tagged with a numbered floy tag protruding from the back. Anglers who catch a trout or whitefish with a floy tag are encouraged to release the fish after recording the tag number, fish length and location caught. Anglers can send the information to ODFW at (541) 447-5111 ext. 24

L
lilsalmon
I am sooo ready!!!!! I may be a little gimpy still but I will be there.

L
lilsalmon
I just realized it will be 1 year since I went to the Crooked and joined the dark side when I got my first trout on my 6 wt....been a helluva an adventure since then......thanks bigsteel for convincing me to give it a try

O
OnTheFly
lilsalmon said:
I just realized it will be 1 year since I went to the Crooked and joined the dark side when I got my first trout on my 6 wt....been a helluva an adventure since then......thanks bigsteel for convincing me to give it a try
3/27/10 to be exact. It was THE coldest night I have ever spent in a tent. Bigsteel and lilsalmon thought they were being introduced to an icicle as I staggerd to life that morning.

E
eggs
Haha we will be a bit wamer his time in a heated room

Forcast 55 and partly cloudy next weekend

O
OnTheFly
I'll be in a heated trailer, at waters edge, first line in the water, and first fish. Who's laugh'n Now fat man?:dance:

O
OnTheFly
And did I mension it will be on my birthday?

E
eggs
OnTheFly said:
And did I mension it will be on my birthday?

Awesome birthday if you ask me.. I will make sure to be at your door before light to wake your ass up to catches the bats we missed the night before after dave teaches us!

What park will you be at?

Reactions: bigsteel
B
bigsteel
this will be fun,,time for jim to get a birthday fish...i brought some extra bat patterns for the evening hatch

M
metalfisher76
Get`er done youz guyz!!

L
lilsalmon
No bats on my rod this year.....:D

Reactions: OnTheFly
F
fisherwilly
Is this occurring during a Mon, Tues, or Wed? If so I might have to take day off from snowboarding and go fishing. If you guys don't mind a tag along.

B
bigsteel
fisherwilly said:
Is this occurring during a Mon, Tues, or Wed? If so I might have to take day off from snowboarding and go fishing. If you guys don't mind a tag along.

friday and saturday

E
eggs
Yea I will be there saturday-Sunday..

E
eggs
They dropped the river from 1100 to 700..... come on turn that knob down some more to 400-500!

L
lilsalmon
Not lookin good.....do you know what the level is at now?

B
bigsteel
its at 753 right now,,,,not looking good unless it drops some,,,,,come on damnit

E
eggs
bigsteel said:
its at 753 right now,,,,not looking good unless it drops some,,,,,come on damnit

Just shot back up to 1000...... backup plan??:mad:

B
bigsteel
eggs said:
Just shot back up to 1000...... backup plan??:mad:

im thinkin right now,,