1-13-2010

T
Thuggin4Life
When to dexter today to get out of the house. Weather was suposed to better than town and it was. Little sprinkle of and on with sun shining through and rainbows and small spurts of wind but no chop. Used my drifting rod again after putting new line on it and now it needs some again. Some reason I can't troll the spinning reel without the line getting major twists even with mutiple swivels. no I have to reline it before it can be used for steelhead. Getting a new(to me) levelwind and going to go buy another 7' medium light trolling rod so this won't happed again. Only got one bite with one fish so I went 1/1 even tried other things than my trusty fender and worm. Its nice being able to have a second rod for experimenting. Going to clean the chinook and put it in the container with my last 2 trout and call my cousin since I'n not in the mood for fish well maybe some steel. Took the dog she loves the boat but she loves when we get back to dock.

T
Throbbit _Shane
Looks like the same weather we had today in the south, i should of went fishing. But i went yesterday, to lost creek and got skunked, i heard a fat trout jump though. Im sure i would of had better luck from a boat though, i need to start saving some cash for a boat or toon.

Very cool dog, I like how its head looks older than its body :D

Last edited:
T
Thuggin4Life
Before I upraged to a bigger motor and a fish finder the boat was about 1300 after title/reg boat/trailer and getting the 6 horse for it plus a little boat I paid 125 for and used a bunch so trading it to get the boat/trailer for 600 instread of 800 when the boat had no value to me after so much use. Got seats for free. Look on craigslist once you save up 1000 and you can get a good boat just look and look and compare instead of jumping on the first one. I did and found better ones within a few weeks but it was too late.

H
Hawk
The next time you take your boat out you may want to try putting only a bb lead crimp on end of your spinning reel line. Feed it out over your transom. Let line trail behind for about 15 minutes. Should remove the twist from line.

:)

H
Hawk
You have a Beautiful Pup Bro.

:D

T
Thuggin4Life
Thanks man. Not sure if it would work since the line is fine and the first time i reel in and try to let it back out it is to twisted to bad to use. I even used swivels and I can't figure it out since I used to be fine doing it and other buddies have came out with me and been fine. just the last 2 times and I put a smaller reel on my rod that I never had used before.

P
plumb2fish
Try a small bead chainswivel (if your not already)good quality one and the line twist issue should take care of itself. you can also slowly unspoolthe reel (on the water) with no weight attached and then very slowly reel the line back in while holding it betweenyour thumb and index finger to keep tension on the spool. Reel 10-15 cranks stop reeling flip bail and see if line jumps off reel. if not 10-15 more cranks repeat until allline is back on the spool. Tedious but cheaper than a $10 one shot of new mono. or run out linewhile holding on to the main line (tie to a trre branch in the yard)completely empty spool, tie the opposite end to the spool and respool the line 10-15 cranks at a time. the trick is to not load the spool too fast so the loose line has a chance to un twist really helps to hane a long straight place for this and a partner to hold on to the chain swivel and walk the line back on as you reel.

B
bd2cool
I have switch over to bait casting reels for trolling for this very reason.
My line is doing great using bait casting reels and a swivel.

W
womanwhofishes
Nice dog and lovely shot

T
Thuggin4Life
I'm just going to get another trolling rod and call it good. Thanks.

M
Mike123
Haha that is a cool pup!

B
beaverfan
Ya it's a beautiful dog! Not a bad boat either! ;)

Oh ya, Andy aint it your birthday today? Or is it tomorrow? Well anyways, happy birthday to ya.

T
Thuggin4Life
Yup its tomorrow thanks.