1-06-2010

T
Thuggin4Life
Drove up to dexter legally for the first time in awhile. Fished from 2:45 till 5. Water temp was 42* and there was a bit of mist for the first hour. Bit of debris along hwy 58 closer to the causeway. Tried out the 2 rod deal. Never got a double but did get into one while letting out line on the other. lost it and barely got it reset to find fish on on the rod that was halfway out. Lost 2 and got 3 kept 2 one was a holdover and the other didn't look fresh off the farm. the one release was a chinook and he tricked me. Marked a big fish at 14' and though he he might hit since my gear runs about 12' and had the 2nd rod a bit shallower. So I waited in anticipation and bam fish on. Grabbed the rod and was like damn lost it so i had to check bait and found a dinky chinook on the bait. Just reenforces my opinion of fish finders. Broke the puppy in on the boat. She didn't whine at all just sat on the middle bench. Didn't excited for me getting fish and they sparked little interest laying on the floor of the boat. She didn't mind the rain and appeared to be warm.(we got a husky) And she slept for at least half the trip. once she was wet and it was getting cold once the boat was up on step she did decide she was cold and had to hide in my lap. Used my drifting rod for a second rod and tried to save some 14lb that came on another reel but After using it today I had to take it off so no I have to go get some 10 or 12 lb before i head out again for some steel. didn't see the point in the camera today.

B
bd2cool
Glad that you got out.
Nice to be legally again ain't it?
Been there-done that!
I thinking of hitting LookOut on Friday.

Have you been over to Fall Creek lately?

T
Thuggin4Life
No but looks like lookout has gone up from you pictures so maybe it is possible to launch there again. I hope its my favorite spot clost to home for the boat.

B
Banjo
Dexter & Lookout

Dexter & Lookout

Dexter was still pretty good in early December when I was there last. Limited out three day in a row on nice fat trout. Used perch pattern needle fish at 4 colors (lead line)
Anyone been to Lookout recently? Is the ramp still too muddy to drop in?

B
bd2cool
Ramp is in good shape-I was there last Friday-going again this Friday.

T
Thuggin4Life
It got ruff for A bit but my jeep didn't mind the mud. I think the water has rose above the spot though since the last time I was there.