03-18-2010 Mayden voyage!

T
Thuggin4Life
After a wierd awaking not remembering much of the previous night I managaed to get it together and without a phone I thought of 3 places to stop to find someone to go fish. Luckily I found someone first stop. So we took my pup and MY NEW BOAT out to dexter today to see what we could trick into the boat. Boat doesn't leak a drop and the electric it came with works great. I forgot how bad it was sitting on life jackets and holding rods but oh well I have done it before I can do it again until I get it going again. Weather was nice but a bit windy at times. I decided not to go to lookout because of the wind we have been having for the last few days. Water temp was... I don't know I left the fish finder on the other boat. The was a handful of boats out fishing and a few of them catching fish. Also I seen a ski boat out and someone took there sled out to do some sun tanning. I got a bit too much sun and so did my buddy. Kiska had fun. Boat has so much more room in it and I didn't loose andy speed going to a slightly heavier hull. Also cuts brodies better and was fun trying to get it to scoop water over the sides. Speaking of the sides WOW makes so much difference with the hight sides. Harder to get you hands in the water and couldn't belive how much freeboard I had. Also it was extremely stable cutting across the chop. I like it. No to customize. We managed to get several bites but only half as many fish to the boat. Got 2 small chinooks and 1 planter rainbow. My cousin thanked me as i left his driveway after dropping of the fish for him to eat. Last year I never got a single chinook but heard there were "kokes" in dexter. So far this year I would say almost half the fish I have got were nooks. Hopefully the trout fishing picks up like it was last year or I won't be wasting much time on Dexter. Weather was nice and it was windy only most the day. I did spend a bit of time playing around with the new boat and the electric motor so maybe thats why we didn't get as much fish as I thought we would. Any ways here are some pics of my adventure. Oh and my buddy caught about 100 yards of someones line. No lure on either end though.

Last edited:
H
halibuthitman
Right on man! the two happiest days of your life... the day you buy a new boat... and the day you sell it!! hope you catch a lot of trouts with her...

T
Thuggin4Life
Thanks man I know what you mean. I can't sleep thinking about it all the time. Finally got her on the water maybe it will help. And I love my last noat but I am extremly happy to be selling it. Wish I could have got the lund my dad had in alaska that he sold a few years back.

G
ghostcow
Looks like a great new ride, fits the growing doggie a lot better also. Enjoy it and spring is only 2 days away!

B
bd2cool
Good deal Andy-
I love taking a new(to me) boat out.
Cool memories for sure.

B
Brianb1962
Looks like you had a good day on Dexter. I drove by Dexter on the way to Lookout point to try out my new motor I just got. Sold my two merc 9.8hp and bought a merc 20hp. It runs really nice. I can go faster now with 4 people. Did a little fishing but didn't do good. See you on the water some time.

T
Thuggin4Life
Nice! How was the water up there? My guess is choppy. 20hp? Now how I am supposed to be able to pass you? Betit hauls a$$ on your boat. Lots of fun. How did it troll?

B
Brianb1962
It started out really nice, then she started blowing. The 20 really moves the boat nice. it trolled nice, waay down to a slow speed. Flopps the spoons just right. Well, if you are going to slow then I will toss you a rope and I will pull you. LOL.

T
Thuggin4Life
well, my boat is rated for a 20hp and based on the rule of thumb before since the valco was only rated for 7.5 and i doubled that i can toss a 40 on the back of my new boat and i will be tossing you a rope. LOL. no the 15 cruises 2 guys just fine but im sure the boat is really rated for a 25 or 30. and a 25 would really get 3 people going. but its the 15 for now, dont see another motor in my future anytime soon. its already to the point where i should have an extension handle and be sitting in the middle for solo trips. besides if i spend any more money on boats and motors other than what i get out of my other boat withoug getting my old lady an engagement ring first i might be living in my boat.

B
Brianb1962
I here you there, the boat can give you shelter, but it wont keep you worm at night. I have always said, a happy woman is a happy fishing day.

troutdude
troutdude
Hey Thuggy,

You n' Kiksa look like your stylin' big time in your new water scooter! Congrats!

TD

M
metalfisher76
Gorgeous dog bro! Gorgeous. Nice boat too. I wish I had the $ to take the other one!

R
radiation
That's a high sided looking boat. Lots of protection for the dog. I hope you get lots of use out of it. Are you moving all your stuff to the new ride? Congrats on the new ride!

H
Hawk
Beautiful pics, as always, Bro.

Looks like a Wonderful Day...

:D:D:D
:cool::cool:

Kiska's reely gettin BIG&Beautiful.
:lol:

N
Nick_L
Don't you love the feeling of their maiden voyage's I just took a little two seater out that my grandfather gave my. An old fiberglass Hi-Laker that has been sitting for 10 years. I sanded it downed primered it re painted it. Cleaned out all the leaves and replaces some wood stands in it. Rebuilt the carb and put some new spark plugs in it. Bought a new gas can and a new plug. Took it out to Dexter to day and it ran steady as could be. I love that boat haha.

T
Thuggin4Life
Good to hear. Sounds like you are in the club now. the broke club where your other half only thinks she knows how much you spend on the boat.