B
bd2cool
Air Temp at 8:00—40 Degrees
Water Temp—41 Degrees
Air Temp at 1:00—43 Degrees
Water Level—85.96 below full
Boat ramp in in good shape

What a good morning at LookOut.
I started by rigging one rod with a gold spoon and the other one with flasher and a wedding ring/worm.
I decided to troll down toward the dam on the Lowell side of the lake.
Within 5 minutes I has a fish on with the gold spoon-Chinook.
After another 20 minutes a second Chinook on the gold spoon with two strikes that didn't hookup.
I took off the rigging on the second rod and replace it with a gold spoon and the fun was on.

I got so many hits that I lost count by the time I hit the dam.
I did keep 5 Chinooks but I know I released 10 plus that number.
They was hitting fast and hard.
I got two double header!!

The weather was nice until about 11:30-the air got colder and low clouds/fog started to move in.
I didn't get any rain until after I had left the lake and was on my way home.
The lake is truly beautiful at this time of the year-snow cap mountains and little water falls are every where-just need to remember to look around and to be thankful that we live in such a wonderful state.

T
TTFishon
Awesome! Another great day on the lake. Thanks for sharing.

T
Thuggin4Life
Nice yeah we do have it good round here. That top looks good on your boat. Any size to those nooks?

B
bd2cool
Two Ten inches that was hook deep,one 11,12 and a nice hard fighting 13 and half inches.

I don't like keeping fish below 11 inches but if they are hook deep I will.

Fish-On Fred
Fish-On Fred
Boat Ramp Location needed .......

Boat Ramp Location needed .......

I have put in up at Hampton, last year. Where can you put a boat in now?

B
bd2cool
Signal Point on the North Shore road-just pass mile post 6.

Fish-On Fred
Fish-On Fred
:)
bd2cool said:
Signal Point on the North Shore road-just pass mile post 6.

Thankyou bd2cool for the great help. Hope to fish Lookout soon. Tight lines buddy.......Fred

B
bd2cool
You are welcome-when you used Hampton did you have any Luck?

Fish-On Fred
Fish-On Fred
:)
bd2cool said:
You are welcome-when you used Hampton did you have any Luck?

I went from Hampton Landing west along Highway 58 trolling and hooked a few trout. Using my fishfinder, I located a spot that looked good for crappie hookups. I did manage to bring several up jigging. Nice size to them also. It is quite a fishery. Tight Lines, Fred

B
bd2cool
It is quite a fishery
Yes it is-In the past I have caught Rainbows, LandLock Chinooks, Bass, Crappie
all on the same day.
Not very often but it is a blast when it happens.
I have alos heard rumors of Walleyes and Sturgeons but I have not seen them myself.

W
wormosa
bd2cool said:
Air Temp at 8:00—40 Degrees
Water Temp—41 Degrees
Air Temp at 1:00—43 Degrees
Water Level—85.96 below full
Boat ramp in in good shape

What a good morning at LookOut.
I started by rigging one rod with a gold spoon and the other one with flasher and a wedding ring/worm.
I decided to troll down toward the dam on the Lowell side of the lake.
Within 5 minutes I has a fish on with the gold spoon-Chinook.
After another 20 minutes a second Chinook on the gold spoon with two strikes that didn't hookup.
I took off the rigging on the second rod and replace it with a gold spoon and the fun was on.

I got so many hits that I lost count by the time I hit the dam.
I did keep 5 Chinooks but I know I released 10 plus that number.
They was hitting fast and hard.
I got two double header!!

The weather was nice until about 11:30-the air got colder and low clouds/fog started to move in.
I didn't get any rain until after I had left the lake and was on my way home.
The lake is truly beautiful at this time of the year-snow cap mountains and little water falls are every where-just need to remember to look around and to be thankful that we live in such a wonderful state.
man bd i wish i had the lakes like you do down there ( i grew up in springfield) i would be at so many spots fishing right lately... hurry up summer !!! Up hear the lakes are abit of a drive if they close..YESS U hagg lol

R
rainbowfisherman
If ur looking for a close lake up in that are. I think there is a lake called lost lake. I heard its very small, too small for a boat. But i believe i heard its open all year. Check the regs though if you do go because im not completely sure. Hope this helps a little!

W
wormosa
i want to go to harriet, but i do not know for sure if it is open to motors, i have heard from people both ways... and i looked online that it is a no go... it is a distance and not worth the risk of driving to it if it is not

R
rainbowfisherman
I have no idea. Would it be frozen over this time of year? I thought someone on the forum said the roads stay open because pge hass to check the dam. But maybe im thinking of a different lake up around that area.

B
bd2cool
man bd i wish i had the lakes like you do down there ( i grew up in springfield) i would be at so many spots fishing right lately... hurry up summer !!! Up hear the lakes are abit of a drive if they close..YESS U hagg lol

Well come on down!
I will get the coffee ready.

T
Thuggin4Life
Go to your local boaat dealer and get the book that they give out for boating regs. It has the rules for most bodies of water.

H
Hawk
Great Job Bro. You had FUN'S

:lol::lol::lol:

:cool::cool:

:clap::clap:

Beautiful pics

H
Hawk
Yesterday at 4:28 P.M. i felt a slight shake from an EarthQuake. I guess the epicenter was off shore from Eureka. 6.4 magnitude i think they said.

Makes me wonder if all those Sea Lions might have sensed something & that is why they left San Francisco Bay to go to Florence, Oregon caves, after being in the Bay for 20 years or so ??

:rolleyes:

B
bd2cool
Birds and animals are much more in touch with the earth then we are.
If they are acting strange then something is up.
My dad had a coon dog that could tell the weather better then any news forecaster that I ever saw.
If he would not go out a bad storm was coming no matter what the weather report said.

W
womanwhofishes
Hawk said:
Yesterday at 4:28 P.M. i felt a slight shake from an EarthQuake. I guess the epicenter was off shore from Eureka. 6.4 magnitude i think they said.

Makes me wonder if all those Sea Lions might have sensed something & that is why they left San Francisco Bay to go to Florence, Oregon caves, after being in the Bay for 20 years or so ??

:rolleyes:

HMMMMMM that is interesting I guess now they know...