• Solved
Does anyone know if you can fish on private land as long as you are in the water?
Answers
Views
Hey all. First OFF, I hope everyone is staying safe out there! I'm definitely looking forward to the projected humid air and rain coming over the next few days (Projected for Clackamas County where I live) to hopefully downgrade the fires and poor air quality. Next I had a question about how...
Answers
Views
Does anyone use a GPS app on cell phone for marine use? The Play store has a lot to choose from, so rather then try 'em all, this group might have a favored one or a consensus unknowingly.😊
Answers
Views
Hey all, Was hoping to get some feedback to help me improve my kayak trolling. I recently purchased a fishing kayak and have been out on the Willamette a couple times to start to get out on the water and fish for bass. I have never been able to troll from a boat/kayak before so the first day I...
Answers
Views
Also are the lingcod limit of 2 part of the 7 fish limit or are they additional?
Answers
Views
How does the State of Oregon establish start of residency? Is it established by a utility bill, Drivers License or something else?
Answers
Views
Hi, new to the board here and the state as well. Looking for some recommendations on charters for offshore. In Eugene so would prefer within reasonable distance ( 2 or so hrs) drive. Would really like to Tuna but also interested in all other species as well. Have been fishing the gulf coast all...
Answers
Views
  • Solved
I want to start fishing with my two boys. We have two small poles with reels so we're limited right now by our equipment. Maybe we can use the small rod/reel setup for smaller fish? Thought we might go down to Sauvie's Island but don't really know where to go, what to fish for, or what to use...
Answers
Views
New to depoe bay..looking for best fishing ( fresh and salt) local baits used??
Answers
Views
Looking to buy a sturdy kayak that can be used for bay fishing, salmon fishing, crabbing, etc. Located in Portland. Any places for a beginner to look?
Answers
Views
I have two Sage 0 wt rods and need some advice on reels and backing. What reel should i use and what backing/fly line should i use...I have never seen a zero weight reel, but have a few 2/3 weights...what is the balanced reel for my 0 wts?
Answers
Views
Hey all, just curious if anyone has some good spots that are legal to go to in the evening/night? I believe the state parks close right around sundown, and I would like to catch some bass after hours. I’m in the Johnson creek area, so the Willamette or Clackamas river are pretty darn close to...
Answers
Views
Anyone on here make have a DIY of how to make Blue Fox spinners? Where to buy part and part names? Thanks
Answers
Views
Hi all respected, experienced members Sorry for asking a stupid question as a total newbie. I would like to buy a telescopic carbon fishing rod to start off with, together with a reel and a set in a kit bag to make it easier, instead of having to go looking up and searching what else I need to...
Answers
Views
Hi- Newbie here. Interested in both trout and salmon shore fishing. And I have an 8’6” Berkley Air IM7 Steelhead/Salmon graphite rod that I bought years ago and put in the closet unused. Now wondering if this rod is too long or otherwise inappropriate for trout. Also hoping to find one...
Answers
Views
On the river, I typically leave my caught fish on a stringer. I will kill and gut them when I'm ready to head out. I only bring ice if I'm planning on packing up and fishing multiple spots. On the jetty or beach though, I'm pretty sure i won't be using any stringers. I assume I'll be packing in...
Answers
Views
  • Solved
How common is that algae bloom that affects humans that eat clams? Is it something that Oregon monitors and i can check online? I want to go clamming at the end of this month when I go camping... But i don't want to make my family sick. Thanks for the help- Fat
Answers
Views
  • Solved
My mother just got her Pioneer license. I'm wondering what else she needs to be able to fish for steelhead. I think she needs a harvest tag also but i'm not sure. The office is closed now so I thought I would ask here.
Answers
Views
  • Solved
Just learning to fish for steelhead and salmon. Good or bad idea to fish a bead and yarn ball under a bobber THANKS
Answers
Views
My spinners are taking a beating and the rocks have chipped the paint down to the chrome and a couple. What's the best touch up paint? Nail polish? Model paint? something else maybe? Thanks!
Answers
Views
Top Bottom