2017 blacktail success thread

TheKnigit
TheKnigit
I didn't want to steal away from the awesome story of another thread, so I thought I would start a general deer success thread.

My brother, Dad, and I all went back to our old and faithful spot for a long weekend. My brother and I had just started a hunt through the timber and made it about 300 yards in. I was sitting on top of a bench glassing through the trees when I spotted this guy. I tried to radio my brother but he wouldn't answer. So I took the shot at about 75 yards, but I didn't see him go down because of the trees. When my brother made it over to me I walked him through what had happened and we headed down to look. He had fell right where I had shot him.

We tried to get my dad on the radio again, to have him come back and pick us up. That is when I discovered that my radio was on the wrong channel....No wonder no one was answering me. All in all it was a great weekend and some good memories. Dad is headed out today to try and find another one, but there might be a couple of tags tossed in the freezer with this guy. Anyone else have any success stories from the season?

• photo31848.jpg
  • photo31849.jpg
  • photo31850.jpg
Reactions: Admin and jamisonace
jamisonace
jamisonace
Good job out there. Looks like you stocked up some good meat.

EOBOY
EOBOY
Is that an old 30-30? I gave my 25-35 to my son to take to alaska, which was my grandfathers. I quit hunting, I developed a fear of some twitchy knucklehead shooting me!

TheKnigit
TheKnigit
It is a .32 Winchester Special model 94 that was passed down to me.

Reactions: EOBOY
SiletzTroutKiller
SiletzTroutKiller
Hell of a blacktail man! I didn't fill my blacky tag this year but saw a few shooter bucks none the less

C
Coburg44
nice job

TheKnigit
TheKnigit
Thanks guys. I was hoping to see some of everyone else's photos and stories as well.

O
OnTheDrop
TheKnigit;n608396 said:
Thanks guys. I was hoping to see some of everyone else's photos and stories as well.

That pretty much is non existent on here anymore!

Nice Harvest~