Fishing journal...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fishing journal...

Starting a journal to record my fishing trips this year. Have tried before, but have never followed through. Any one else keep a journal, do you find it useful? What are you writing, weather, water temperature, just how the fishing was, etc.

Mine's in my head. I have a friend who has done this most of his life. He's lived in the midwest, east coast, and here. I think he makes some good use out of the stats.

Comment

Jed Davis's book, "Spinner Fishing for Steelhead, Salmon, and Trout" was largely based upon his journals. If you don't own a copy; I highly recommend getting it.

Comment

I keep a journal. I record date and time of each catch, along with with water temp, color, flow and location. Also what lure.

Comment

Originally posted by Hookset View Post
          I keep a journal. I record date and time of each catch, along with with water temp, color, flow and location. Also what lure.
          I keep track of that as well, except the temp ( I am changing that this year).Also record water height instead of flow, it is more practical for the small rivers I fish. I also keep track of all my skunks

Comment

I too keep a journal of sorts. Back in the day when I was considered "Sturgeon Whisperer" I log-in on a maritime topo map bought at a Coast Guard station. Way points, landmarks, and depths where all there. All I had to do was write time, date, wts, and size. I have a map of Alsea bay and river. Bouy 10 to the bridge of the big C. The maps helped me find the crab and sturgeon holes and fish lanes. Hope this helps. Tony

Comment

Thank you for the feedback. I am going to attempt to be diligent about it this year.

Comment

Working...
              X