Do these spinnerbaits work?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do these spinnerbaits work?

Have any of you ever used these kind of spinnerbaits? The ones on the left without the skirt, just the hook and the blade. I got them for a steal as a bid on ebay but are they just as affective without the skirt?

I would think the skirted baits would elicit more strikes. Other than the flash from the blades there isn't much there to get the bass' attention or curiosity.

Comment

They all work! And as TimberTod wrote, the skirted baits would elicit more strikes. As I remember they were exclusively for bass when they first came out in the early seventies. They were all the rage back then. I still have the first ones I bought, still in the original package. Never used them. I was heavy into the hand painted Rapala's and live minnows suspended from a red &white bobber.

Comment

no skirt,no bites.You can get replacement skirts at bass pro or cabellas for pretty cheap

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys! Can i put a worm on the hook of the ones without a skirt? A senko or another soft plastic?

Comment

I would get some rubber curly tail or double tail grubs with the frill around the front. I know Gary Yamamoto makes these but may have some in other brands too.

Comment

Originally posted by fish4life View Post
              I would get some rubber curly tail or double tail grubs with the frill around the front. I know Gary Yamamoto makes these but may have some in other brands too.
              I'll look online for them, I didn't see any curly tails with frill at cabela's last week

Comment

They have them on Cabelas website under creature baits and are called double tail hula grubs.

Comment

I know basspro also offers double tail grubs.

Comment

Working...
                  X