Homemade clay beads

N
newspin
keep going i tried a little of this around Christmas time

but now I'm working on my lure design basics, but I'm definitely keeping your work on my radar.

thanks for info ill be that much further when i get back to it.

T
Toyracer38
Well I put upstate88's beads up to the test today. Mixed bag, went 1 for 3. Yes they are a bit heavier than the store bought trout beads, but not as heavy as the glass beads I use often. Just depends on the current you are fishing. You need that bead to get down, and I'm not a fan of adding spit shot to my leader. They fished well, seem durable enough. I may have to buy some of that clay.

Last edited by a moderator:
U
upstate88
Glad it worked out well I fished jigs and bead 50/50 Sunday. I was rigging the bead with a bit of glo bug white yarn ridding right atop the bead, wth a squirt of pro cures "water soluble bloody tuna scent". The lack of fish on Sunday was my issue with only one hook up (jig) its a matter of learning how to get the gear to ride right in the water.

G
Gannon
I've always thought that fishing was half science and half art. It's cool that you are making and then giving away beads, very cool. Nice fish Toyracer38, bet you were stoked to get it on the shore! It's got some nice color.

T
Toyracer38
Gannon, I'm always stoked when I get them to shore. Hate this barbless rule. Basically just hold my breath until they hit the bank. Especially Steelhead. Nooks you generally just play tug o' war with. Steelys are escape artist!