New Finny 5 wt.

EOBOY
EOBOY
Last year the bottom reel seat came OFF my 5 wt. Redington, I have tried to have it repaired with no luck so I went on line to order one. I saw the Finnys and bought a 5 wt. which arrived yesterday. This morning I took it out and gave it a try.......WOW.......it is sweet! I still have the trout and steelhead Finnys I got back in the 70's and this is a pleasant surprise.

T
TimberTodd
Nice, what is the rod length?

hobster
hobster
sweet, we gonna try it out next week?

EOBOY
EOBOY
TimberTodd;n606071 said:
Nice, what is the rod length?

9 ft. It is really a smooth action, the line just seems to float out so nice and easy and just keeps going,.

EOBOY
EOBOY
hobster;n606074 said:
sweet, we gonna try it out next week?

I'm waiting to hear from John right now on that subject..........:hi:

T
TimberTodd
A 9' 5wt is a fantastic all around bug wand!

troutdude
troutdude
EOBOY are you describing a Fenwick? If so, is from their vintage Supreme Glass line? An SG rod, will have a bronze colored reel seat (instead of purple). And the blank is a lighter colored, nearly transparent, blank. Those are my favorite Fenny's!

troutdude
troutdude
P.S. I have a standard "beer bottle brown" Fenny, that I'd part with. It's an 8 & 1/2', 2 piece, 7 wt. I'm no longer able, to cast fly rods. So would like to see it, put to good use. By someone, who will enjoy it.

EOBOY
EOBOY
troutdude;n606096 said:
EOBOY are you describing a Fenwick? If so, is from their vintage Supreme Glass line? An SG rod, will have a bronze colored reel seat (instead of purple). And the blank is a lighter colored, nearly transparent, blank. Those are my favorite Fenny's!

This is the Eagle series Medium fast action. The Redington had a real fast action and I had to over line line it. I took the 5wt. line OFF my Solo now I have to see if the Solo 5 will toss that 6wt. line or if I'm going to have to replace that line. I don't know if I NEED a 7wt. but I'll keep it in mind. I've got so many rods now I may have to rent a ware house:lol:

troutdude
troutdude
EOBOY;n606123 said:
I've got so many rods now I may have to rent a ware house:lol:

I basically just made that same confession, on Monty's gear sale thread! :D :D :D

Incidentally, I was talkin about a product that came out WAY before the one in question.