Testament of a fisherman

H
halibuthitman
By Robert Traver

I fish becouse I love to; becouse I love the environs where trout are found, which are invariably beautiful, and hate the environs where crowds of people are found, which are invariably ugly; becouse all of the television commercials, cocktail parties, and assorted social posturing I thus escape; because, in a world where most men seem to spend their lives doing things they hate, my fishing is at once an endless source of delight and an act of small rebellion; because trout do not lie or cheatand cannot be bought or bribed or impressed by power, but respond only to quietude and humility and endless patience; becouse i suspect that men are going along this way for the last time, and i for one don't want to waste the trip; becouse mercifuly there are no telephones on trout waters;becouse only in the woods can I find solitude without loneliness; becouse bourbon out of an old tin cup always tastes better out there; because one day maybe I will catch a mermaid; and, finally, not because I regard fishing as being so terribly important but because i suspect that so many of the other concerns of men are equally unimportant- and not nearly so much fun;) This was for you O.T.F... you old *******

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: OnTheFly, wozniasm and Admin
S
Spydeyrch
HERE HERE!!!

Cheers! ?

-Spydey

Last edited by a moderator:
N
nativefish
what beautiful scenery! I love your commentary!

B
bigsteel
:clap::clap::clap::clap:

T
Throbbit _Shane
Good stuff HHM!

O
OnTheFly
It's a good thing I can respond to this with a keyboard at this moment because I'm a little too choked up to speak. All that about sums it up especially the top line. Simply eloquent to say the least. Thanks for that Brad you made my day. Someday soon I'd like to drink some Jamesons out of a tin cup out there somewhere to taste that difference....at which point you can fill me in on what you typed after the words 'you old.....':cool:

Last edited:
K
Keith
quietude ??????

H
halibuthitman
quietude, the state of being quiet, peacful, calm... don't know how to use google? :rolleyes::think::rolleyes:

Last edited:
K
Keith
Easy there fella', no need to be so vehemently vociferous.
I am going to return to my domicile and enjoy some comestibles.
After that I'll probably hit the commode.
... :rolleyes::shock::lol::cool::cool::lol::shock::naughty:

K
Keith
My favorite line:
not because I regard fishing as being so terribly important but because i suspect that so many of the other concerns of men are equally unimportant

Well said..............

E
eggs
halibuthitman said:
quietude, the state of being quiet, peacful, calm... don't know how to use google? :rolleyes::think::rolleyes:

google? is that misspelled "goggle"??

F
FlyBum
I really like how you have said this HHM. The peace and solitude are some of the things lacking in our world today, the hustle and bussel that has engulfed today's world can be sometimes unbearable.

Good on you :clap:

F
FishWhistle
What a testament! Amen brother! My drug is the Tug.......FishWistle

A
alm21
"...fishing is at once an endless source of delight and an act of small rebellion"

Nailed it.

Casting Call
Casting Call
FishWhistle;n389149 said:
What a testament! Amen brother! My drug is the Tug.......FishWistle

I gotta tell Casting Call

Hooked Up
Hooked Up
Nice to know where that quote originated Tony

Top Bottom