Cool knot website with good illustrations

NWDiscer
NWDiscer
great sites def. gonna put it to use over the winter

Irishrover
Irishrover
I used the animatedknots but netknots looks like a good one too. I usally froget how to tie up the dropper knot. I only use it to tie up rigs for ocean bottom fishing. I'll put three dropper knots in a leader then add shrimp flies or plastic worms. I tend to forget that knot, not that it is hard it's just that I don't use it a lot. The funny thing is that the two sites each have a different way of tying it.

W
washahands
Thank you for the sites. Comes in handy for more than just fishing line.

D
DonF
I like those web site's but actually to many knots on them. I can't remembet the names of knots but I remember as a kid, simple overhand knots actually did work! I think the knot I use to tie on a hook and a swivel is the snell know. Been working for me for a lot of years and I don't even try the improved version! I also like the palomar but mostly I think just to say I can tie it! Theres another that looks like a snell but the wrap goes around the line above the hook, wait, that meand the knot on the swivel may not be a snell but this other one. Oh well at times I use the palamar anyway! There's a knot for tying the loop on a leader I use but don't recall the name of it either. Couple simple overhand knot's would probaably do the same thing. Looking over the different knots is a hoot but I have never seen an improved version of any knot that was really needed! I just remembered the name of the knot for a hook or swivel, chinch knot! never found any reason to tie an improved chinch for any reason other than I could. I suspect for tying on a jig ar maybe evn a simple bowline would work but pretty tasteless! One knot I learned to tie that I do like at times is an egg loop. But my own version when I can't find barbed hooks to tie it on. I had several of these knot sites in my computer but it crashed and I just haven't put them back. I look at a fish hook and I get what a fish hook does. But why do we need 17 different ways to tie it on? Some of those knots I don't think i could tie on a bet!

Had to go look and tell me the difference between the Alberto knot and Albright knot? Actually I really do like looking at this stuff!

S
Snopro
Don, I'm curious. Are you a bot and you're practicing to pass a Turing Test?

Remember, you're required to tell me if you are.šŸ˜

D
DonF
I don't know what a bot is?

D
DonF
TTFishon said:
It has more than fishing knots too. http://www.netknots.com/
In top 10 knots, the trucker hitch is done wrong. Pull it tight one time to many and you won't get that slip knot out!