Boat must fit in garage...

F
Fishnsleep
When I bought my boat, wife had only one condition, it must fit in the garage. It fits, with about 2" to spare on either side, wife parks car in other side. Huge task to wiggle it in.
Saw this product, The Trailer Valet, online. Real cool, goes up and down, forward and back, left and right, can turn, etc... automatic brake when you release handle. Saves my back big time.
Any one else use this? Any other trailer dolly setups?

• photo31979.jpg
C
colt
Did she say it had to fit and still allow her car to fit? Could always have it slanted in should you get a bigger one. Never thought of that dolly. Usually we just muscle it over as my boat is light, but my old man has a skeeter tandem axle that is a royal pain to swing around.

F
Fishnsleep
LOL, yes it was quite clear her car must fit, good question though. It does make moving heavier boats quite easy. I have pulled my back a few times moving the boat around before I got it.

EOBOY
EOBOY
Fishnsleep;n609406 said:
LOL, yes it was quite clear her car must fit, good question though. It does make moving heavier boats quite easy. I have pulled my back a few times moving the boat around before I got it.

I have an EOBOY question, does that work on an A-line popup camper? Do you have a web site for that? OK answered my own question! Spendy but looks interesting.

C
Camo
The older I get, the more I think about finding a simple way to move my boats by hand without damage to me or the boat. Gotta admit, nice dolly... The up and down part will surely ease hook-ups.

Irishrover
Irishrover
I use my Mahindra tractor. But not every one lives on a farm so it's not a practical option if you live in a city.

P
pinstriper
Talk to a contractor about building an extension on your garage. Problem solved.

Reactions: colt
F
Fishnsleep
LOL pinstriper. Believe it or not, that was done years ago, three boats ago, extended it 4' on both bays. Good idea though!

P
pinstriper
Two words: boat elevator.

D
Diamond Lake Charlie
I have the basic same system except it is just one wheel, however that swing tongue is nice. I had the same problem, boat had to fit in shop but that was my requirment not her's. I am putting an elec winch on mine, just getting to old to crank it by hand anymore. However to make sure I can use it on any rig I am considering putting a battery on the tongue that will charge from my rig. Nice to have toys for the toys.