Slick boat bottom!

EOBOY
EOBOY
Ben and I are putting Wetlander coating on our boat, got started today. Pinstriper is letting us use his barnyard. Right by a bees' nest thanks dude!:yikes: We got all the varathane OFF the bottom today and the sun got to us so we'll put the base coat on tomorrow. bbotmc.pngbbotm1b.pngbbotm2a.png

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
all boat projects are good boat projects. OK, except like after you crash it into something or wrap it around some rocks, those are not such a good boat projects.

Reactions: Troutski
P
pinstriper
Those ain't bees. They's yellajacket wasps !

And if'n any coyotes come around there might be a little buckshot splatter catches her, but those buff right out....

Hooked Up
Hooked Up
I here Wetlander is awesome! My boat had Coat-It on already that just needing touching up so didn't take the plunge. You'll have to show me how it works.

hobster
hobster
Lookin good bro! Looking forward to the finished product, keep us posted. My boat project this year was patching a pontoon on my 8' toon :lol: It worked though!

My buddy just did a total overhaul on his db, new wood, paint, sandblasted the trailer and painted, new tires, wiring, led lights........... looks unreal. He has the funds and has great connections. He did it for fun as a project and knows he won't get the money back, offered it to me for a trade for painting his house (and then some probably). Very tempting......................but I love being a bank maggot!

More pics Dana!

Troutski
Troutski
hobster;n606266 said:
Lookin good bro! Looking forward to the finished product, keep us posted. My boat project this year was patching a pontoon on my 8' toon :lol: It worked though!

My buddy just did a total overhaul on his db, new wood, paint, sandblasted the trailer and painted, new tires, wiring, led lights........... looks unreal. He has the funds and has great connections. He did it for fun as a project and knows he won't get the money back, offered it to me for a trade for painting his house (and then some probably). Very tempting......................but I love being a bank maggot!

More pics Dana!

I do remember being a bankie, so many creeks and streams... rivers in the Summer and Fall... Don't have the legs for banking it now, but I do have a project in the works, a full refit for my Alaskan.
Great job on the bottom, years of trouble free use...

Chuck

Casting Call
Casting Call
Can't wait to see the finish product! Were are u gonna launch at first time out? I want to be there. Tony

EOBOY
EOBOY
Hooked Up;n606262 said:
I here Wetlander is awesome! My boat had Coat-It on already that just needing touching up so didn't take the plunge. You'll have to show me how it works.

Hans I hope it's as slippery as they say. Yesterday we sanded, and sanded and then sanded some more. Then we had some technical problems, so this morning we finally got the primer on and it has to cure 24 hours at the very least so with the threat of rain we may have to wait till next week to put the top coat on. primer1.png

P
pinstriper
Dana, I'm sorry to say when we got back from the lake with our kayaks and I was backing up to the barn, there was a little "boat ramp rubbing" went on.

Nothing major, just an itty bitty scrape on your brand new paint. Can barely see from 20' away.

You know how it goes. Can happen to anybody.

EOBOY
EOBOY
pinstriper;n606352 said:
Dana, I'm sorry to say when we got back from the lake with our kayaks and I was backing up to the barn, there was a little "boat ramp rubbing" went on.

Nothing major, just an itty bitty scrape on your brand new paint. Can barely see from 20' away.

You know how it goes. Can happen to anybody.

No problem I'll send you a bill:yikes:

O
OnTheDrop
EOBOY;n606353 said:
No problem I'll send you a bill:yikes:

Some people just never forget!

Lookin' sharp, dude.

EOBOY
EOBOY
Well, finally got the Top Coat on, now we wait till next Wed. for the first launch. topcoat1a.png

EOBOY
EOBOY
so I see the site is acting up again.......... topcoat2.jpg

EOBOY
EOBOY
one more topcoat1b.png

P
pinstriper
Hope you left my pet bees alone.

K
killigan
hobster;n606266 said:
Offered it to me for a trade for painting his house (and then some probably). Very tempting......................but I love being a bank maggot!

I like being a banky as well, but some days I wish I had a drift boat to take down the river. I've been eyeing some out, but purchased a tent trailed instead this summer, maybe next year I'll find one. hobster If you decide to take your friends OFFer, let me know, I'll help out any way possible in hopes of an open seat during steelhead season. :D

hobster
hobster
killigan;n606471 said:
I like being a banky as well, but some days I wish I had a drift boat to take down the river. I've been eyeing some out, but purchased a tent trailed instead this summer, maybe next year I'll find one. hobster If you decide to take your friends OFFer, let me know, I'll help out any way possible in hopes of an open seat during steelhead season. :D

Hey brother if I get a drift boat you are welcome anytime!

Dana I expect you to bring that thing down here soon :D

EOBOY
EOBOY
hobster;n606478 said:
Dana I expect you to bring that thing down here soon :D

John and Lyndsey have been so busy with work (this weekend their doing the Brownsville deal again) and I have to head to
seattle Thurs. Looks like I won't have any free time till Sept.

D
DrTheopolis
My buddy did Wetlander a few years ago (still using it, could probably use a new coat). STRONG ADVICE -- don't unhook the boat from the trailer until you're backed into the water. It's so slick it will fall OFF the trailer...

OR SO I'VE HEARD! I certainly couldn't be that much of a dumazz to learn the hard way.

Sure goes over the gravel/rocks in the skinny parts much easier than the Coat-It did... much easier. You'll be happy with it.

EOBOY
EOBOY
DrTheopolis;n606492 said:
STRONG ADVICE -- don't unhook the boat from the trailer until you're backed into the water. It's so slick it will fall OFF the trailer...

OR SO I'VE HEARD! I certainly couldn't be that much of a dumazz to learn the hard way.

Ha! I've heard that, I'm notorious for forgetting the tie down and plugs.