Olalla & Big Creek trout

troutdude
troutdude
Was finally able to get out today; and do some fishing. Have been hampered, for a long time, with health issues. It felt SOOOOO good, to get back into the proverbial saddle!

Got to Olalla Reservoir, at 7:15. Had the lake, to myself. Which really surprised me. Because this weekend, is a Free Fishing weekend.

I'm not sure if it hadn't yet, been stocked. Or if the rainy weather, had the fish lock-jawed. But I went 2 for 4, in 1.5 hours.

After that, I roamed around Newport for a while. Mostly to dry out, and warm up. LOL

Then I went to Big Creek Reservoir #2. And from 11:00 - 12:30, it was LIGHTS OUT action! Had many doubles (w/ a 2-rod validation stamp)! Proceeded to C & R, at least 2 dozen cookie cutters! Didn't get any, of the advertised "trophy" trout. But I had a blast. And met, and fished with, a couple of great guys. Who also both caught, their fare share. Power Eggs in Orange, Lemon / Lime, and even Pink (bubble gum) all nailed those hungry suckas! And they put up pretty good fights, for dinks.

The pic shows, a standard 10" fish. The reel, isn't anything special. But that's a 1970 Fenwick hollow Supreme Glass rod, attached to it. I've been using Fenny's, for 50 some years. And the Supreme Glass product line, is my fave.

Anywho...the fish are there. Go get 'em!

• photo32059.jpg
Reactions: TheKnigit, Admin, Markk and 1 other person
G
Gulfstream
Those brown Fenwicks are few and far between.I have a spinning rod and an ocean rod that I treasure.Sounds like a great day

hobster
hobster
Excellent, great to see a report from you, seems like forever! I'm glad you got to get out and have some fun, and got into some fish as well!

troutdude
troutdude
Thanks guys. I only got to go fishing ONCE, all of last year. And only a couple of times, in '16. So today was awesome!

K
kb7kuh
I have the same 70's ish Fenwicks rod and love it. Need to get to the lake soon.

troutdude
troutdude
kb7kuh;n610143 said:
I have the same 70's ish Fenwicks rod and love it.

I have others too. Plus lots of the standard beer bottle brown Fenny's. And hollow S-Glass Lamiglas & DAM Quick Finessa rods too. I'm old school glass, all the way man. And I've NEVER broken, a glass rod, in more than 50 years! Graphite, yes. Glass, no.