2018 Weekly trout stocking schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.
troutdude
troutdude
Thanks for sharing. I've been waiting for an update, from ODFW.

PK Yi
PK Yi
No Leaburg Lake or EE Wilson? hmm.....

troutdude
troutdude
Yeah, I don't see those either.

And did you see how much heavier, the stockings are on the coast? Why not do the same, in the valley?

4labs
4labs
20,000 at diamond in one weekend. Lemolo gets some great plants and a little res just down the road from me, cooper creek gets a bunch.
Some of the places on the coast like Bradly have private resorts and Garrison is a weed infested lake that's almost impossible to fish without a boat, why they keep dumping there I'll never figure out . Would be better to plant inland lakes or others like East or Crane but did see a big plant at Paulina

troutdude
troutdude
If they're gonna make the trip, to Paulina. Why not stop, at East too? Good grief; it's just around the corner.

H
Hooligan86
Anybody know the size of the trophy and brood stockers?

troutdude
troutdude
In the past, the "trophies" were largely 16 and some 17 inchers. With an occasional 18 inch anomaly. Brooders, were larger. And some were over 20 pounds.

However it's anybody's guess, this year. Because the stocking is now provided, by a privately owned company.

So by all means, let us know, what you catch. So far, the reports are mixed (on being any larger, or any healthier, than in past years).

Reactions: Hooligan86
H
Hooligan86
Thanks! I'm looking forward to getting out this year it's been awhile since I've done much fishing

Reactions: troutdude
Golfbum
Golfbum
How was the water level at the lake?

troutdude
troutdude
Hooligan86;n610600 said:
Thanks! I'm looking forward to getting out this year it's been awhile since I've done much fishing

Let us know, how you do.

Golfbum
Golfbum
Got out today around 9am, fished the bank around ramp A, left at noon with limit, all 10 - 12". The guy next to me had a couple nice "trophies" size (under 20"). Lots of boats out, nice perfect day with no rain.

Last edited:
troutdude
troutdude
Excellent. I'm assuming that it was a trip, to Hagg?

Golfbum
Golfbum
Yes, Hagg lake

Reactions: troutdude
Golfbum
Golfbum
Fished Hagg Lake today from the bank, got there around 9am through 1pm, sort of slow today, limit of stocker trout 10" - 12".

Golfbum
Golfbum
Fished Hagg today from the bank from 8am till noon, not one single bite, maybe due to the full moon.

troutdude
troutdude
That's weird. I've read that full moon periods, make for better fishing. Unless they stuff themselves--I suppose--by the light of the silvery moon nocturnally. And are then too full, by day. To take your OFFerings.

K
kb7kuh
Not seeing any listing for Trophy fish stocking at Big Creek 1 or 2. What's up with that? I also see no listing for stocking Big Creek Res 2.

Q
qwapaw
Not all areas get trophy fish regularly. They skip J C pond at times too. It is what it is. I just am happy about the handi-capped dock at some of these places. Good luck, Cheers, Dan.

ODFW stocking schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.