Question about trout fishing

D
Diamond Lake Charlie
first off all let me say I have no intention of offending any body, second I fall into this same category. Several years ago I was asked "why is it that something with a brain as large as ours has such a difficult time catching something with a brain the size of BB. I have pondered that for a long time and never have come up with a solution, can anybody help with this. :yikes:

Casting Call
Casting Call
Occam's Razor is the answer. Tony

D
Diamond Lake Charlie
Is that anything like Sheslingers cat? I hope that is right.

Casting Call
Casting Call
Apples and oranges, not even close! Do you have a week or so? I will explain why, if not just go fishing or say Uncle I give up! Tony

D
Diamond Lake Charlie
I have the rest of my life but I will not say Uncle nor Auntie. How ever Dupont spinners make it easier.

C.

TheKnigit
TheKnigit
Maybe it's because our brains are always bouncing around. Thinking about work, and life, and what to have for lunch, and bills, and memories. Like a humming bird bouncing between flowers. Where as fish have only 1 thing to concentrate on.....surviving. In order to catch them we have to immerse ourselves in a underwater world that we are not meant to live in.

Besides, for me at least, fish being hard to catch is why we do it. Don't get me wrong they are delicious, and the meat is a nice side affect, but the chase is where the fun is. If all I wanted was the immediate reward of a fish in the freezer I would just go to the supermarket.

Reactions: Casting Call
Casting Call
Casting Call
Duponts are excellent. Good choice. I use a home made spinner with glo-in-dark beads set OFF with a flash attachment light from an old 35mm camera. I hope to head down your way soon. Tony

Casting Call
Casting Call
TheKnigit;n607493 said:
Maybe In order to catch them we have to immerse ourselves in a underwater world that we are not meant to live in.

Besides, the chase is where the fun is.

You have to think like a fish "Grasshopper" then you will be graced with the drug of a tug. Personal challenge is where it is for me. Putting it all together correctly just for a tug, it's as good as a handshake from the pectoral fin. Tony

D
Diamond Lake Charlie
I am not going any place for a while

L
LingFace
Catching fish is easy. Catching fish within odfw guidelines is sporting. If all the limitations were off in terms of gear and method, we could easily trap a years worth of salmon in short order--but weir's the fun in that? Just check your trot line daily and you'll have plenty of catfish. Prefer trout? Run a fifty foot line with powerbait and 1oz every 2 feet anchored to a tree. Come back tomorrow. Fish are easy to catch. Fishing like a true sportsman, ethically and legally, is a challenge.

Reactions: TheKnigit, Casting Call and Fishnbuck
Casting Call
Casting Call
Diamond Lake Charlie;n607479 said:
first off all let me say I have no intention of offending any body, second I fall into this same category. Several years ago I was asked "why is it that something with a brain as large as ours has such a difficult time catching. something with a brain the size of BB. I have pondered that for a long time and never have come up with a solution, can anybody help with this. :yikes:

Gathering fish is easy! Ask someone in a third world country that has to feed the family everyday. Fishing has become a sport by way of laws, ethics, style and venues. The challenge is to yourself and not the fish. You ARE smarter than fish. You will continue to challenge yourself for the rest of your life. "The tug is the drug" OFF FishWhistle cira 2012 Tony