Haldeman Pond

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haldeman Pond

I just fished Haldeman this morning (6-10:30). Is this place just completely fished out by now? No one was around, I was alone all morning. Saw a few fish jumping and caught a few not worth keeping.

Anyone have any thoughts on this place??? I've caught trout here before but I didn't know if people were done with this location. I heard everyone is hitting up Hagg right now.

Thanks y'all!

Most small ponds, like that one, will have been fished out by now. Of the stocked trout, that is. Any left over trout--at this time of year, with warm water--would die OFF, to boot. You're best best, now, are lakes with colder water. Like Hagg.

Good luck, and welcome to OFF.

Comment

Thanks! I heard many of the Hagg trout have parasites, though. Is this still true?

Comment

You're welcome. I've not been to Hagg, yet this year. But I have fished it, for about 8 or 9 years in a row. And have never seen any fish, with any parasites.

Comment

I've seen a few with parasites, all in the summer months. Ugly devils if you ask me, won't go looking for trout in Hagg right now.

Comment

Along with Hagg Lake quite a few of the mountain lakes over by hood have some good trout still in them

Comment

Working...
            X